Air Hauler 2 - I can't pass the Type Rating flight

Hi, 

Each time I take off it asks me to level off at 6880 ft, but I can not set the Altitude Hold Selector to go any less than 50 ft increments. 

I have also tried holding the altitude manually at 6880 ft for about 1 minute but the message still stays on screen. 

Can I skip this, or can you assist me? 

Thank you. 

Edited by Bomber

Try going a bit above that level...I'd go to 6900 for that.

Ensure that your altimeter Barometric setting is correct...29.92 if on a 'weather free' day.

You can't skip TR tests in AH2.

As a last resort, if you feel you are at altitude but it isn't recognizing...set you alt hold for a bit above, let the aircraft trim itself for a bit at that height, take Alt Hold off,  and then adjust your barometric adjust knob on your altimeter to manually set the Indicated altitude alternately above and below till AH "gets it".

Thank you for replying. 

I figured out what was wrong. I was using the metric system in FSX. I was cruising in meters instead of ft. So yeah everything was way off. I will leave this here in case anyone else is silly like me. 

Seeya! 

• Like 4

The use of "odd" altitudes is deliberate and is intended to force you to hand fly the aircraft.  For normal AH2 operations, use of the autopilot functions is fine, but the developer intends you to hand fly the type rating tests.

John

EDIT:  By the way, welcome to MH.  Should have included that when I first posted this.  

John

Despite the intent to make us hand fly, using an AP for the  TR tests works just fine...as soon as you "tick" through the specified altitude, it "bongs" and gives a new alt/heading...there is no actual need to Hold Altitude for any set time, therefore cruising right through to 7000/7100 will work just fine to achieve the Altitude Successful announcement and get a new heading/alt to achieve. I like to hand fly them personally just because I can do it..., but I have also used AP for TRs in everything from ultralights to Airliners....the later of which can be a bit fussy to hold altitude by hand/trim button, and the former which tends to be fussy/wobbly about everything. :D