45% off all Orbx products and Whangarei released!

I'm looking at either southern or Northern California but I'm not sure which I'd enjoy more. I like mountain flying so I'm not sure.

Also throwing in the mix I'm thinking New Zealand instead.

Which should I choose? 

If mountains are your thing N.Cal is a better choice than S.Cal. I have both and prefer flying in the north personally, but the South has it's charms, Death Valley, Big Bear, and Palm Springs for example.

But if "mountains" are your #1 bang for the buck, N.Zealand beats N.Cal hands down.

A very cosy approach Tim! That looks like Jess and me in your way? Your scenery is looking so much better than mine, really superb.

I have amended the FP for next Sunday, should be a cracker!

nicely done sir, not sure what to get next, I think NZ just looks more interesting than Australia.........maybe get all 3 before end of the sale......I seem to struggle to download via FTX Central, downloaded South America as a direct download.....

To you knowledgeable ORBX types: How important are the "global Base pack" and "global Vector pack"? Now that I've gone 64bit, I've reloaded the ORBX stuff I have and I'm reactivating it one area at a time. So far, no conflicts.

I have NZ NI, Oz, PNW and Pacific Fjords with a few of the  I've got the Global NA Airport Pack - I think that was a freebie.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 12:03, Quickmarch said:

To you knowledgeable ORBX types: How important are the "global Base pack" and "global Vector pack"? Now that I've gone 64bit, I've reloaded the ORBX stuff I have and I'm reactivating it one area at a time. So far, no conflicts.

I have NZ NI, Oz, PNW and Pacific Fjords with a few of the  I've got the Global NA Airport Pack - I think that was a freebie.

I'm with Joe and others in that Base and Vectors are a very big improvement for not only the world but within the regions too.

can only speak from experiance of my machine, but getting fps of 40-60 most of the time dropping to around 30 landing at a busy airport.....I have all the vector/base/open LC and some regions, also AS16 and REX HD.........

6600k @4.2

1070 8gb

16gb RAM

Z170A MOBO

12 hours ago, brett said:

Great shots above Tim,:thum: but isn't aircraft separation on finals a horizontal not vertical rule.^_^

It's a visual approach, so it's "See and avoid", and the lowest aircraft on final has priority . . . ;)

• Haha 1

I doubt that Global or Vector would be much impact to framerates as they Replace the stock layers and replace them with more complicated/detailed versions, especially noticeable around rivers and coastlines...but it's basically Photo texture isn't it...ie, not a ton of extra Autogen being added like a Region/airport would do? If it does anything with the autogen stuff, it just directs the autogen to land in more realistic locations and better distributed to fit with the upgraded ground textures...iirc how this stuff stacks.

Forgive me .. for i have sinned...

Although i have been given some 'Christmas money', it looks like Huz has used it for 'other stuff'...

Therefore, i had to take things into my own hands..

AUD to GBP is pretty grim but i have some treats in my christmas stocking courtesy of 'Steffy Santa'

:whis:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1