PMDG - 747-400 Queen of the Skies II

Terrific review Jess. I think I have only ever flown on a 747 once...somewhere in the steerage section no doubt, and I don't have a native fondness for it but do have a great deal of admiration watching the huge beastie fly all these years...Iconic for sure. This review looks like it was a dream job for you, thanks for taking it through the Mutley Review paces and hanging a silver medal on it...and agreed, in this day and age one expects FS products, especially at this price point, should be externally Visually Wowzers as well as great flying birds, even if the Great Flying and systems complexity is the main focus of the dev.

• Like 1

yep great review Jess, seems like a nice bit of kit and something  you obviously have a fondness for....like Matt though I can't get over the price, maybe if it was something I could not resist but for that price I would need to fly it constantly and I like to chop and change...

Great review Jess,:thum: thanks for your time and effort to bring it to us.:)

I hope it looks clearer in person and that it's fuzziness can be blamed on the images being downgraded in their JPG format.

I do question the minimum computer requirements when comparing them to your personal specs and fps results. The 747 cockpit is not the prettiest out there but there is no question that it is one heck of an aircraft. Have not flown on one myself but have seen them through the windows from the terminals and do remember being in awe of their stature. 

Good review Jess, I had the PMDG 747 for FSX, but I really didn't spend much time in it, much prefer the 737-800, but of course each to their own. Flown in the real one twice, funnily enough both times with JAL. Once from Tokyo via Anchorage to the UK and once from Tobata to the UK after paying off from ships after very long voyages.

Don't think I will be getting this model though, as I've just upgraded my 737 to P3Dv4, and its awesome. !!!