My new years pesolution this new year is to log all my flight hours.

To this end I have found and downloaded a small program called "Pilots Logbook".

Itt is a simple enough program that lets you log each flight with the following information:

Flight

Airplane

Departure

Date

Time

Airport

Arrival

Date

Time

Airport

Length (Calculated field)

Aircraft Catetgory

Single Engine

Multi Engine

TMG

MLA

Pilot Function

PIC

Dual

PIC Name

Instructor

The information under Flight is self explanatory, but I have a problem in understanding some of the rest:

In the:

Aircraft category:

Single Engine and Multi Engine I am happy with and I assume that you can have only one or the other.

TMG - I dont know what this is and also dont understand what values or text I should enter into the field

MLA - As TMG

The fields in Aircraft category are all small and this seems to indicate that they are numericor Yes/No in nature.

Pilot function:

PIC is Pilot in command - I assume a value goes here and will reflect something about the flight in terms oof the PIC and Instructor names which are entered below it can anyone clarify?

Dual - I am not sure what this means. Is it air time where some of it was instructor and some pupil?  is it an "and" or an "or" with PIC?

PIC and Dual are both small fields and this seems to indicate that they are numeric or Yes/No in nature.

PIC Name and Instructor name are obvious, but seem to indicate that PIC and Dual are values that contain information about the two names.

Any guidence on completing this form would be great. I guess some here will know all I need to know and I am sure the answers are simple.  If you want to look at the progeam it can be found in the MS apps store woth a search on "Pilots Logbook"

Thanks,

JG.  

Hey JG, the flight sim logs everything you need anyway, I have just purchased in the Simmarket sale a neat little program called Flight Simulator Logbook editor here is a link http://secure.simmarket.com/mouseviator-flight-simulator-logbook-editor-fsxfs2004p3d.phtml it's on sale at the moment until tomorrow night €8.64.

• Like 1

Just had a look at your program=

TMG = Touring Motor Glider
MLA = Micro Light Aircraft

When you start the log, the aircraft types inherit a dropdown and you can choose 1 for true or zero for false. It's very limited it looks like it will let you select all four.

The question about the pilot function is quite straight forward, PIC: Pilot in Command,  Dual:  Pilot under instruction, Instructor: Instructor. Again these fields will be a 1 or a 0.

In summary, an Excel spreadsheet can do better than this :)

3 hours ago, mutley said:

Hey JG, the flight sim logs everything you need anyway, I have just purchased in the Simmarket sale a neat little program called Flight Simulator Logbook editor here is a link http://secure.simmarket.com/mouseviator-flight-simulator-logbook-editor-fsxfs2004p3d.phtml it's on sale at the moment until tomorrow night €8.64.

This looks interesting. Can you point it at FSX and P3D? Would you need 2 installs if you have both?

7 hours ago, mutley said:

What's the deal with the 'Log" tab not computing the aircraft because of there not being a User category? 176607_flse_image_04.jpg

I've not come across that one yet Brett. I fully expect there is something incorrect or missing from the aircraft.cfg file?

Edit: These aren't standard aircraft they look imported, look in the aircraft.cfg for an entry or "ui_typerole="  it should be something like"Twin Engine Prop" or "Single Engine Prop" if the config file doesn't have the ui_typerole attribute then add it. 

• Thanks 1

great find Joe, good price to, just installed, picked up my XP and P3D sims, had a few flights of 0 miles to delete, ones used for testing but other than that all good......seems to work ok up to now......also your post above makes sense....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1