Sim addict?

I have always been addicted to flightsims since I got my first which was FS98, since then got them up to FSX, now though mostly use P3D4 and XP11....... however I find it hard to resist certain sims, these are my current sims that I use regularly - P3D4, XP11, FSW, TRAINSIM, FERNBUS COACH SIM, FARMING SIM2017, EURO TRUCK SIM 2 & AMERICAN TRUCK SIM.....

Just wondering is it me or is there a thing called simaddiction? I also only buy sports games that are based on real world sports, MLB,NHL, WRC, MOTGP, FIFA & F1.

Anyone else use any other sims besides FSX etc?

I bought ship sim once but thought that was more like SH#TSIM.......

Your only a sim addict if you let the hobby affect your life, otherwise it beats many other bad habits one can have.

I only have FSXA on my computer and have deleted many of other games/sims, I used to play a lot of Playstation games but got tired of them. Flying to me is relaxing and at this point is enough for me.

• Like 1

Same Brett...I only have FSX Accel/Lots of ORBx/Addons to flesh it out. I am in it for the variety it offers, relaxing ocean crossing while watching a couple episodes of this or that on Netflix (and earn 3million in Airhauler)...or pushing some poor addon beyond human limits carving crazy canyons for a YouTube video. But I do like a Goal in a game/sim. I tried TrainSim as well, YAWNnnnn. I tried a Modern version of Moon Lander with 3d environment and simulated systems, but their was no game in it, just "Land here in x-time" kind of stuff which lost my interest immediately. 

I really should be  trying the Battle Flight Sims that are out now, especially the WWII and WWI stuff that I miss so much from old Janes' and MS-Combat days...however, I'm 54, so long out of Combat mode and mentality, these days I'd get my arse handed to me in a muliti-player combat environment. But G'dam those look amazing. :O :faint:

Edited by Captain Coffee
  • Like 2

I have been tempted by Train Simulator from time to time (I am of that age when I can remember steam trains), but have not pursued it.  I have found that there is a LOT to learn on FSX and even more that you can do with it to keep you more than busy.  I have a lot of planes in my hanger and it takes a lot of time to learn how to fly each properly.  I also have a lot of books waiting to read and sometimes I tie in a book with a plane on FSX.  I have been reading a bookazine on the Spitfire and finished it yesterday, so recently I dug out one of my FSX Spitfires and have been having a blast with that......

Hang on....there's the scramble bell indicating an air raid.....must dash to save the country.....

Martin

• Like 2

*stands up*

Hello, My name's Lucy and I am a sim addict.

I've been a flight simmer since FS98 and most of my retirement is split between the greenhouse and flying P3D. My main alternative is ETS2 and enjoy that now and again but have to be in the mood, unlike flight simming with which I am always in the mood. My Stepson has a train simulator and seems to enjoy it but I just can't see where the enthusiasm is, I have tried it out but found it rather boring.  But each to their own. I recently got Sailaway -The Sailing Simulator and was encouraged by the fact a few Mutley members have it and seemed to think it's rather good. Being sat in the middle of the ocean does seem a heck of lot more exciting than driving a train but Sailaway is going to take some dedication for me, a non-sailor, to get the hang of and I just haven't devoted the time yet.. Of all this lot I prefer ETS2 but being a person who likes things as realtime as possible in my sims, I wish the day/night would closer replicate real time.

Other games have all pretty much fallen away over the years and the PC is pretty much just a sim-machine now.

Edited by Bumblebee
  • Like 3

Seems like mostly me then, I suppose sim addiction is better for me than drugs.........I actually don't really spend a lot of time on any sim and most flights are down to about 2 hours including set up time, get the odd sunday for a longer flight.......I seem to go in phases where I use XP for weeks, P3D for weeks and then maybe something else for a short while then back to flight, I find it helps me just relax and unwind........I did try DCS and even though it looked good I couldn't be bothered with all the combat fuss......Also on thinking back my PS4 was actually only used about 6 times in the whole of last year......agree with train sim it is a bit boring, I try it then think no bored now, turn it off........

• Like 1

I'm not an addict!  I can quit any time I want to!

Actually, about 25 years ago I was a 3rd year honor student studying Physics at a reputable institute of technology.  After receiving Falcon 3 as a Christmas gift, I ended up dropping out -- I didn't actually do it formally.  I just quit going to class.

Now, I did clean up my act and go back for an engineering degree and went on through graduate school too, but I know how much power an addiction can have over one's life.  I still have relapses of obsessive behavior, but I keep it in check.  And when the weather gets warm, the sim gets shut down and I'm out riding and racing my dirt bike.

I've been trying (maybe not hard enough) to pinpoint what it is about flight sims that draws me in so much.  I'm starting to think it's all of the learning opportunities; I think I really like riding the learning curve.

I'm currently running X-Plane, P3D, and DCS.  I haven't fired up BMS in over a year, but I'm sort of missing it.  No train or truck simulator  -- I can see the appeal, but those are not for me.

Edited by Goblin
  • Like 1

Glad to here you got your act together, it allows you to buy more sim stuff.:) 

I can quit anytime I want to also but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be jones'in for a bit and long'in for quite a bit more.:D

I have been an FS addict since I saw a wire frame flight sim on an old Apple Mac when I was in my 20's.  I thought it was great!  I went through a number of flight sims since then, and finaly settled on FSX. I settled on FSX for a long time, but as the addons became more and more complex the out of memory errors came more and more often.

For Christmas this year i was given P3D v4.1. And so I feed my addiction with a new drug for the first time in a very many years.  how long will this one last?