Thanks for the suggestion Wain and Joe.

I do have Win7 (64bit). I checked my programs list and those MSprograms are installed...I'm trying "Repair" option to see if it does anything. 

"Processing: Initiallizing..." for several minutes with no progress...I gave up and canceled the repair.

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, mutley said:

Matt, I would give it up until you know you exceed the minimums otherwise the frustration is going to bring you down.

Keep hold of it and try again after an update/upgrade. :)

That is the best advice yet. :D I definitely have an antiquated machine, and this experience just brought that fact to "obvious status". ;) 

What is incredible is that I am able to get such half-assed/tolerable performance and decent screen shots out of FSX with my $%^&&* little graphic card.

Cheers, and thanks for the code/link/gift Joe. I'll have the FSW on standby to play with when a windfall allows me to upgrade that card.

Edited by Captain Coffee
23 hours ago, Captain Coffee said:

Well...It doesn't start up. I downloaded and installed the Steam app. Activated FSW and spent 4 hours downloading it. It shows up in my game library with a nice shiney blue "Play" button, which when pressed pops a very brief square popup window claiming "Preparing to start FSW" which then dissapears...and then nothing.

I first started it using the FSW shortcut from my desktop and it did put up a small black box that was used for loading VC Redist and DX files and ran for quite a few minutes. Not sure why yours disappeared. 

One thing odd was that after all of that the FSW screen finally showed up but than I got a popup that wanted to give Steam access to my computer, I skipped that but did wonder what it is used for as I'm not a fan of letting things past my firewall. ?

Alas after all of that the game crashed on me, I'm afraid my rig isn't up to the task.:( I did save up some bucks and am now looking for a good laptop that can run all these new flight sims.