Aivlasoft efb

Looking to get something... I like what I have seen regarding the efb but I am wondering if it works with most common aircraft.. Mainly Majestic dash and ifly 737....Not a dev I have used before so really just looking to see if any of you are using it, I have watched a few videos of people using it and it seems a handy tool, but is is really useful or just a gimmick? does it help or hinder?

Any experience of above appreciated... 

Wayne 

Edited by wain
change info
On 26/01/2018 at 11:34, wain said:

Looking to get something... I like what I have seen regarding the efb but I am wondering if it works with most common aircraft.. Mainly Majestic dash and ifly 737....Not a dev I have used before so really just looking to see if any of you are using it, I have watched a few videos of people using it and it seems a handy tool, but is is really useful or just a gimmick? does it help or hinder?

Any experience of above appreciated... 

Wayne 

Hi Wain

I've had EFB thre or four years and use it on most of my IFR flights. It is very good.  I don't use the checklists section. The nav charts it produces are very good.

I have Navigraph Charts Cloud too and sometimes prefer to check SID and STAR details there but not all those offer moving map facility which makes that side of it a little inconsistent.

EFB does the lot!

More important it has a free trial period period of 30 days (for the full system) - so no reason not to try it out.  I did and could not bear to delete it after 30 days.

And Froogle uses it on his full strength video flights!

Cheers

Dean

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If I flew airliners regularly, especially if flying with online ATC, I would get it. It's like one stop shopping from beginning to end of a flight versus using other free sources and addons which take more resources and time. It is a bit expensive but does include a cycle of Navdata and if you use it a lot then the price gets spread out over that span and also include it's time saving value.

Remember it's not a flight planner although it does have a map that shows your route once you input it, it only finds routes from other sites available within the EFB. or you can add in a route you have made somewhere else. You can add SID's and STAR's to the route. It is also not a fuel planner nor does it calculate V-speeds(see PFPX and Topcat).

Has a lot of features so takes a bit to feel at home in it.

Or so I've been told...:D

• Thanks 1

@Dean33 @brett cheers for the input guys, I am really struggling to install this for use with p3d4, read the manual and watched YT vids, downloaded for the free trial but can't get past first base.......I have now looked more into pfpx and think I will start using more of the features with that which I have previously used, was looking at TOPCAT but that seems to be a dead program with no work since 2016......appreciate your time though, thanks....

Isn't there a Simulation Tab that allows you to link to the correct sim folder? If it works for others than with persistence and some searching for answers I'm sure you will figure it out.:thum:

right I have until the 25th feb to sort this, it seems it can't see the NAVDATA folder that it installed.....will tinker with it a little longer....thanks for the pointers though...