Review - Milviz DHC-3 Otter

Great review Joe, :thum: thanks for the in-depth look at this release.:) 

It does seem odd that Milviz would throw in a radio stack that not only has a visual problem but is also not supported anymore, go figure.:rolleyes:

As a side note I do think the aircraft owners should be ashamed they let their birds get so beat up looking,^_^ 

also would have been nice if one of them would have added an HSI.;)

Great review Joe. Am I not the fool? Buying another version before Milviz released their version.

Note to self, ask forum members first before spending any money. Lol

Cheers

PS. I've now got this version also. Tut tut to self. Lol

• Haha 2

Thanks everyone, I enjoyed reviewing this aircraft :)

12 hours ago, brett said:

It does seem odd that Milviz would throw in a radio stack that not only has a visual problem but is also not supported anymore, go figure.:rolleyes:

I can share what I did, which involves editing an xml file, so don't attempt if you are not confident, and take a copy first. 

Find the file "radi_d.xml" it should be in [YOUR P3D FOLDER]\SimObjects\Airplanes\DHC-3 Otter Milviz\panel\DH3_XMLGauges

Starting around line 56, the  line "<String>%((A:COM1 ACTIVE FREQUENCY, MHz))%!6.3f!</String>" Change 6.3 (or 5.3) to 5.2 exactly as below.

Then around line 64 (below) <String>%((A:COM1 STANDBY FREQUENCY, MHz))%!6.3f!</String> Change 6.3 (or 5.3) to 5.2 exactly as below.

Screen Shot 02-12-18 at 11.56 AM.JPG

Save file, all done and the radio display should look like this ^_^

Screen Shot 02-12-18 at 11.58 AM.PNG

• Like 2

And the flight sim tweaker spirit comes to the rescue again.:thum: Great work Joe:dance3: 

Although it does make me wonder why didn't they think of that. :P 

All in all it looks like lease worthy.:)