Screenie conversion

When saving screenshots, the default computer setting seems to be to save them as Bitmaps, (BMPs) However if you want to upload them to most hosting sites or even Facebook etc they will usually ONLY accept JPEGs. I do know how to convert the pictures individually but when there are a lot of them it is a long and laborious task. Is there a way of making them automatically save as JPEGs from the start so as to cut out the middle procedure. I cannot find a way of doing it on my PC and even my engineer doesn't know of a way, nor can I seem to find anything in the FS settings menu that may facilitate this. Have any of you guys had similar issues.

Thanks , Alan.

I have an old version of Picasa installed which automatically saves all the BMPs to JPG. But I think it's not downloadable anymore.

You can anyway download Irfanview, which I use since years. It has a "batch" function so you'll be able to convert all your files with just one click.

Al if you just right clik your image, edit/open with MSpaint, top left click 'file'....hover over 'save as' and you get to choose file type, click 'jpeg' and a new box opens, give it a name and remember where it saves to, this makes it uploadable at mosts sites and condenses the size of the upload.....I use it all the time and then upload via my onedrive account....

8 hours ago, wain said:

Al if you just right clik your image, edit/open with MSpaint, top left click 'file'....hover over 'save as' and you get to choose file type, click 'jpeg' and a new box opens, give it a name and remember where it saves to, this makes it uploadable at mosts sites and condenses the size of the upload.....I use it all the time and then upload via my onedrive account....

Yes that's correct, I know how to do them individually, but when I want to create a storyboard etc it takes forever.