On the Northwest Frontier!

Has a nice sexy staggered wing,:D great edits there Alan, thanks for the look.:thum:

I read that they left out a two foot section of the fuselage when they build the prototype and it flew so bad they had to modify it with a much larger tail and horn balanced ailerons before they noticed the mistake,  It worked so well they never bothered going back to the original design and I'm glad they didn't because it turned out to be a good looker.:cool:

• Like 1
16 hours ago, brett said:

Has a nice sexy staggered wing,:D great edits there Alan, thanks for the look.:thum:

I read that they left out a two foot section of the fuselage when they build the prototype and it flew so bad they had to modify it with a much larger tail and horn balanced ailerons before they noticed the mistake,  It worked so well they never bothered going back to the original design and I'm glad they didn't because it turned out to be a good looker.:cool:

Later on the Wapiti was stretched and had a modified undercarriage to become the Westland Wallace. Two of which were converted still further to achieve the trans-Everest flight. They stayed in service until the early 1940s being used in the training and target towing roles.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westland_Wallace

• Thanks 1