Hello to all,

nice to meet you and really looking forward to the event.

As I am preparing for my first ever MEBAR, I started checking the Navigation instructions and I noticed that many of the referenced navaids (SKI VOR, NTD NDB, KLD VOR) do not exist in my FSXSE installations.

Using Plan G and Little Nav map to verify, with or without ORBX scenery, trying with and without navigraph 1802 database.

I have been also using http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html to update my navaids over time so i do not really know if things have been overwritten.

Other sources of information refer to the navaids without issues so it is probably my databases and installed sceneries.

http://worldaerodata.com/nav/Norway.php

What is the main source of navaids used to calculate the MEBAR 2018 legs ? Any ideas what should i revert to in order to be able to used the proposed routes?

Any and all ideas are appreciated.

Thank you

Best,

Thanos Anogiatis

Using stock FSX-SE data...

• SKI VOR is on the field ENSN
  • NTD NDB is 2.4 NM @ 301º from ENNO
  • KLD VOR is  22.4 NM @ 191º from ENDI (not one of the rally airports, but for reference)

I think you must have borked your stock data with your navaid updates.

John

EDIT:  I should have begun with, welcome to MH and the MEBAR.

JDA
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, tanogiatis said:

What is the main source of navaids used to calculate the MEBAR 2018 legs ?

Hi Tanogiatis,

The navaids are taken from the original sim files for each of the supported sims, FS2004, FSX / FSX:SE and P3D, that's why we supply them separately.

Maybe your stock navaids BGLs have been corrupted by updated navigraph data? 

Joe.

Oh! just seen John's post.

12 minutes ago, tanogiatis said:

Thank you both for the insight.

Restored the original navaids and everything is sorted!

So much for trying to keep up to date with all the latest and greatest information :-)

Cheers,

Thanos

Well, Navigraph is great, there's no denying that, but unfortunately we can only cater for the default setup.

Extra points for sorting your database Thanos :D

Cheers,

Joe

I thought it was only me... I was preparing my first flight using Plan-G and I couldn't find either the NTD NDB nor the SKI VOR. The same happened when I tried to find them in the Navigraph charts. May I assume that do not exist anymore? Anyway I will use the information above to "create" them, as I presume they do not exist in P3D.

Good flights to all!

Regards,

Domingos

Edited by dnunes

Guys,

The MEBAR route is developed from default installs of flight sims and is then cross checked across all supported flight sim versions. This ensures that all NAVAIDS and airports used in the route exist in all supported flight sim versions. Any minor differences, e.g. KLD in FS9 is not a VOR/DME are accounted for in the navigation instructions.

If the NAVAIDS do not exist in your flight sim, it is because you have done something to change that, i.e. use navigraph, or have installed scenery which has removed them.

Cheers

Andrew

I had the same problem in P3DV4 with PlanG tonight. Thought I was going flying but ended up fiddling - then planning all evening!

Firstly I wish I had realised Norway was planned while Orbx regions were half price a few weeks ago!  Looks great though now I’ve purchased at full price.  (sound effect - Mutley gnashing sound and curses). 

I have FSAERODATA that has a really clear ‘disable’ button. After pressing that   AND restarting P3D the original databases appeared in PlanG - phew!

Then added the altitude data. 

I’n not a child of the magenta but was pleased to be able to program in all 4 waypoints (lat and lon) in the GTN ‘just in case’. 

Finally I’m trying to get the weather. Is there a way to import the wx files into Active Sky?  I ended up setting it all up manually for leg 1. 

Hopefully leg one actual flight tomorrow!

Hi Dean,

I too have added user waypoints based on the radials/bearings as a sanity check before the flights.

Also sharpened the relevant skills in PlanG and LittleNavMap that I use in parallel to compare at the moment.

On the wx question, I was not able to load the wx. in AS.

Every time I loaded the flight and then replaced the default aircraft with the A2A comanche, the comanche was inoperable, none of the switches was working.

So I created the same situation with the comanche (say MEBAR1.flt). As you know 3 files are created for every saved flight (.flt, .wx, .fssave) All I then did was copying and renaming the mebar provided .wx file to my file i.e. mebar1.wx 

I am with FSXSE but i believe it is the same with P3D

The "correct" weather was then associated, you can check the stations inside the sim.

Happy flying!

Regards

Thanos

I too may have messed up my Nav files by updating.  Bummer.  I was planning Flight leg 5 and I couldn't find TRM VOR.  I did a search for it on the Internet and got this: http://ourairports.com/navaids/TRM/Trondheim_VOR-DME_NO/#lat=63.525901794433594,lon=10.89009952545166,zoom=10,type=Satellite

The location of the TRM VOR is latitude 63 deg 31.554108 min (63.525902 decimal deg) N, longitude 10 degrees 53.405972 min (10.890100 decimal deg) E. 

That is VERY close to the waypoint NONVU on LittleNavMap.  I used NONVU and the total flight was 376 nm, which is very close to the total leg distance for MEBAR Flight leg 05, which is 374 nm. 

I am having so MUCH FUN with this!!

Seeya

ATB

• Like 1

If you use littlenavmap and you have updated navdata then you will probably struggle to fine some of the VOR/NDB's.

In littlenavmap  if you go to "scenery library" and on mine item 3 is "Navigraph data". in there you can turn it on and off as you need it. If you turn it off all the navaids come back. :)

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, BrianT said:

If you use littlenavmap and you have updated navdata then you will probably struggle to fine some of the VOR/NDB's.

In littlenavmap  if you go to "scenery library" and on mine item 3 is "Navigraph data". in there you can turn it on and off as you need it. If you turn it off all the navaids come back. :)

Great tip,:thum: thanks Brian.

1 hour ago, BrianT said:

You are absolutely right Brian and this is how I found I had a problem. Turning off the navdata I still had the default navaids missing.

As I wrote in my original post In my case the issue was that I have been also using http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html to update my navaids over time.

These bgls are practically syncing the actual navaids to the Navigraph Data, so I had a series of exclusions over the default.

Great function to increase reality to current navaids but not very helpful in our situation.

I used the option in the site's installers to restore the originals and all is now fine including the proper function of the scenery library in littlenavmap.

All I need now is to actually FLY the legs and stop talking but Friday is approaching!

Take care all,

Thanos

• Haha 1

Just finished the first leg in X-Plane.

X-Plane does not have most of the referenced navaids either. I created a Plan-G from my old stock FSX and created a plan for it, mostly based on bearings and flight time.

I think it's dead reckoning when you just set the heading and watch the clock? Maybe I don't have the concept clear, but man, was it fun, so much that I'm happy those navaids are not in my world (we'll see in the next legs though...).

That's what rallies are about, right?