Nice review Matt.

Welcome to the dark, dark world of reviewing. 

It is hard to get away from it. You are now sucked in and it is very difficult to get its claws out of your back.

On a more positive note, your review makes for good reading a good rounded first review for the Hangar.

Cheers.

• Thanks 1

Well done Matt, without looking one would never know this was  your first review here, bravo.:clapping: 

Thanks for your time and effort at giving us an in depth look at this well known aircraft.:thum:

I actually thought the score would be a touch lower based on the findings but I guess the pluses override the minuses. I must say it does look like a tempting purchase. :)   

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the great reviews on my first review friends. It was both  a pleasure and a challenge...the former for me, and the later for my editors. :D 

Big thanks to Joe and Andrew for polishing up my work.

Edited by Captain Coffee
  • Haha 2

I liked reading your review - it was great with all the relevant details. 

As for the JF 152 - I was tempted to get this for a little run around while I get more familiar with Vatsim, as it's nice and slow with all the relevant radios and dials at your fingertips. 

I hesitate though, as the price is a little steep - if you compare this to an A2A aircraft the A2A aircraft blows it out the water IMO, and for an A2A aircraft you only talk an extra fiver. 

I think if it goes on sale in the future, this one will be in my hangar, as I really do like Just Flight.

Thanks for your detailed review mate.

Jim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I agree with you Jim...hence the 8.5 value for money score. I would spend my money on an A2A 172 if I were a student pilot looking to simulate a realistic trainer, and get a few more whistles and bells as well as extra performance. This bird is for a lover of classic GA's and especially 150/152 fans looking for a virtual well done copy of this bird. It happens to be a terrific and challenging Airhauler start up bird ( I have been using it 90% of my time in AH2 since getting it); it leaves a big chunk of startup capital in your wallet when you sell the stock 172 (open a second base, start a small construction/factory op?), it will ply your local patch with aplomb and impress agents with your efficient dispatch of their tiny cargos...without catapulting one rapidly and unrealistically into airhauler tycoonship.

With a couple more features as mentioned in the review, i would actually compare it favorably in value to an A2A for immersion/realism...and would most DEF pick it up on sale! :) 

19 hours ago, UKJim said:

I liked reading your review - it was great with all the relevant details. 

As for the JF 152 - I was tempted to get this for a little run around while I get more familiar with Vatsim, as it's nice and slow with all the relevant radios and dials at your fingertips. 

I hesitate though, as the price is a little steep - if you compare this to an A2A aircraft the A2A aircraft blows it out the water IMO, and for an A2A aircraft you only talk an extra fiver. 

I think if it goes on sale in the future, this one will be in my hangar, as I really do like Just Flight.

Thanks for your detailed review mate.

Jim

To claim “...for an A2A aircraft you only talk an extra fiver...” is totally incorrect. A fallacy with the comparatively cheap price of A2A products is you are not comparing apples with apples. I have previously highlighted this in a similar erroneous comparison with the price of Carenado products.

The Just Flight Cessna 152 is a triple platform licence, i.e. FSX, FSX:SE, and P3D. This is NOT the case with A2A products  “...for an extra fiver...” as they are a single platform licence ONLY. When you compare the price more appropriately with the closest A2A bundled product, the price of the A2A product very quickly becomes a lot more expensive than just “...an extra fiver...”, and is, more accurately, approximately an extra £20 to £25 (based on currency conversions).

Cheers

Andrew

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, Andrew Godden said:

To claim “...for an A2A aircraft you only talk an extra fiver...” is totally incorrect. A fallacy with the comparatively cheap price of A2A products is you are not comparing apples with apples. I have previously highlighted this in a similar erroneous comparison with the price of Carenado products.

The Just Flight Cessna 152 is a triple platform licence, i.e. FSX, FSX:SE, and P3D. This is NOT the case with A2A products  “...for an extra fiver...” as they are a single platform licence ONLY. When you compare the price more appropriately with the closest A2A bundled product, the price of the A2A product very quickly becomes a lot more expensive than just “...an extra fiver...”, and is, more accurately, approximately an extra £20 to £25 (based on currency conversions).

Cheers

Andrew

Agreed, but when you only use one platform my statement holds true. 

I purchased the Comanche and the T6 twice - one for FSX and again for P3D, so I understand where you're coming from. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, UKJim said:

Agreed, but when you only use one platform my statement holds true. 

I purchased the Comanche and the T6 twice - one for FSX and again for P3D, so I understand where you're coming from. 

But as I highlighted, that is not comparing apples with apples so it can't be a valid comparison. If Just Flight offered the Cessna 152 on a one platform licence, you would also expect the price to be significantly less, therefore, the A2A product again, becomes more than just "...an extra fiver...".

4 hours ago, Andrew Godden said:

But as I highlighted, that is not comparing apples with apples so it can't be a valid comparison. If Just Flight offered the Cessna 152 on a one platform licence, you would also expect the price to be significantly less, therefore, the A2A product again, becomes more than just "...an extra fiver...".

You're not getting my point - if I was purchasing the Just Flight 152 for multiple platforms it may be worth it. But in my case I only would want it for P3D, so the price is not worth it in my opinion. I could get an A2A plane for a fiver more for that same platform.

Obviously if people want it for multiple platforms then yes not a true comparison. But in my case it is a true comparison as I only need it for P3D.

I understand that it's multi platform so it costs more - but I don't care about the other platforms so why should I have to pay more for that luxury?

Anyway, this is my opinion that I am entitled to. If you think differently then great, but it does not mean anyone is right or wrong in an opinion.

• Like 1

So the JF 152 is cheaper for a single platform and WAY cheaper if you need it for more than one.  Got it!

This bird might be attractive to the many, many real world pilots who learned to fly in one, including me.  I have vivid memories of how much better it performed on my first solo, with that lard-arsed instructor standing out on the ramp trying not to look worried.

Nice job on the review, Coff.  Might be the first one here written on a boat.

John

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Andrew Godden said:

Oh, I thought we were talking about the validity of your comparative price analysis.....not your opinion.

The whole 'apples vs apples' is your opinion; it is not fact. 

Edited by Mutley to help keep the peace :)

16 minutes ago, brett said:

It seems we are paying for cross platform installations now making them more expensive. Sad news for the one platform users.

Please can we keep this on topic? i.e Matt's superb review! :thanks:

1 hour ago, mutley said:

Please can we keep this on topic? i.e Matt's superb review! :thanks:

I have to agree - let's not take anything away from this superb, thorough review. No doubt it's a great product from Just Flight and anyone that purchases it will have a ball :)

• Like 1

Great review, It looks good, but I'll wait until it appears in the sales in the future. I got caught like that before, paid a premium rate for the addon only to see it drastically reduced a few months down the line.

• Like 2