Rather amusingly, one of the testimonials from last year used as promotion on the website for this year's show...is none other than...

Just wanted to drop you a line to say thank you for a wonderful show. Count us in for next year.

Dovetail Games Exhibitor 

Ooops!

Edited by Kevin Firth
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
10 hours ago, allardjd said:

They'll probably be pushing FSX-SE and their train sim pretty hard.

John

Doesnt make sense to me, I suspect most attendees at Cosford will already be simmers, and therefore probably by now already either FSX:SE or P3D users.  That's no market to sell FSX:SE to, and I think they could reasonably expect to get quizzed til the cows come home about FSW by people there.  Not to mention I thought Aerosoft had let slip that the entire team had been 'let go'?? So I doubt there's anyone employed who could come?   Perhaps we should have a little bounty for anyone spotting a former FSW dev team member attending privately? :p

Jokes aside, I hope the dev team do manage to move to something else, having your job chopped from under you is not a funny experience, having been there myself...

45 minutes ago, mutley said:

May go as a visitor instead!

Might not be a bad idea.  I learned a long time ago that airshows are much more enjoyable when not being observed through a view-finder.  Your idea may be along the same lines.

John

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mutley said:

I'm still contemplating whether to display again this year.. It costs so much for the weekend :mellow: 

May go as a visitor instead!

Yet again I find myself agreeing with John. Let's all go as visitors and just relax and have a blast. You never know joe, you might just enjoy yourself. But then again.......I'm coming muwahahahaha

43 minutes ago, needles said:

Yet again I find myself agreeing with John. Let's all go as visitors and just relax and have a blast. You never know joe, you might just enjoy yourself. But then again.......I'm coming muwahahahaha

Sounds like a good plan Brian, and we can all heckle Jess when she speaks in the auditorium!

• Haha 2

I have never actually "seen" the show, or been round the museum, so that'll be a novel experience. And it's perfectly doable as a day trip, so that'll keep the costs down.

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, allardjd said:

I learned a long time ago that airshows are much more enjoyable when not being observed through a view-finder. 

That is so true, John.