resolution confusion

needing a little help here please, if a monitor has a res of 2560-1440 and fsx / p3d has a res of 1920- 1080 how is the display effected? does it get stretched? is it more detailed, more pixels? also re xp11 I can't seem to see anything about resolution for that, anyone have any ideas?

still haven't pulled the trigger on a new monitor.........more money available now though....

P3D will detect the maximum resolution available from your graphics card and monitor combination and it will be selectable in your sim settings. 

No idea about X-Plane :(

• Thanks 1
On 21/05/2018 at 18:45, mutley said:

P3D will detect the maximum resolution available from your graphics card and monitor combination and it will be selectable in your sim settings. 

No idea about X-Plane :(

The same applies to X-Plane, so if you install a 2560x1440 monitor then this will be seen in the simulator settings for you to select although it will more than likely default to this.

• Thanks 1

thanks Phil, hoping to order in a day or two however my van broke twice this week, think its EGR Valve, google makes it sound expensive, lucky we have a spare but it has no window cleaning kit fitted...bloody nightmare....

2 hours ago, wain said:

thanks Phil, hoping to order in a day or two however my van broke twice this week, think its EGR Valve, google makes it sound expensive, lucky we have a spare but it has no window cleaning kit fitted...bloody nightmare....

EGR valves are the bane of my life, i am a mechanic so know first hand.

New monitor and keyboard should arrive today, only have space for 24inch but gone for the higher res of 2560 x1440,hope I notice a difference, mind you my current monitor was a very cheap one bought back in 2011.....re EGR valve, van still at garage, tracking down the issue, ironically the finance finished last month and I thought great a couple of years with no finance....

I am sure you will notice a difference mate - please keep up updated! My understanding is the sim or any other game for that matter, will detect your monitor native resolution and the option will be there. 

I am currently restricted to 27" but I only have a 24" monitor - I use a 1080p monitor at the moment, but I am looking into using Nvidia DSR and seeing what performance impact it has :)

What this does it uses a multiplier on your native resolution and can render a 2k, 3k or 4k resolution on your 1080p monitor. The benefit of this is smoother anti-aliasing and graphics, but does have a performance impact. 

I will be looking at using this for XP11 and turning AA off in the sim, as long as the DSR keeps the quality and does not impact my performance below my expectations ;)

What monitor did you go for too? 

Thanks

Jim