Carlisle / EGNC

Very early in June Carlisle (EGMC) Airport will restart passenger services.

A lot of building work has been going on at the airfield (terminal / taxiways) to facilitate this but wouldn't it be great to have this updated airport available in FS?

• Like 1

It isn't a large airport at all.

http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadbasic/pamslight-34C920D997D82AAAF9BE49CB175D2637/7FE5QZZF3FXUS/EN/Charts/AD/AIRAC/EG_AD_2_EGNC_2-1_en_2016-06-23.pdf

Currently is receives GA and military (refueling) and the odd executive jet.

Passengers services will use a Saab S340 I think with flights to Belfast, Southend and I think Dublin.  Small scale to start.

definitely good for freight and may be small charter, road links are good, are there any parcel hubs nearby? I used to franchise with DPD about 8 years ago, we used Coventry for our air freight at the time...

I remember the Royal Mail building a depot next to the runway at Filton, their hope was to have aircraft coming into the BAE facility, sadly for them they couldn't get permission and BAE closed the runway anyway....

no I go past it a lot, Concorde museum, Police Helo, BAE Systems, GKN...just had a massive building built to do with  Airbus wing design....used to love delivering there every day....