I'd be interested to see what everyone has to say on this topic...

I tried PFE (Pro Flight Emulator) about 2 years ago and hated it so much i sent it back to Amazon!

I've been itching to try PRO ATC/X for ages but i can't justify cost/time.. All the reviews i've seen have been mixed, but the positive side is that it is constantly being updated and improved..

Looking forward to the comments!

:-)

I have Pilot 2 ATC, it is good, includes moving map and the ability to add pdf's, however it is not an easy tool to use, read a review I think Jess did in PCPilot.....as an example I haven't used it for about 2 months and I will have to read up on it.....I don't use headset / mic as I have issues with speech recognition software, this has a Sayit function much like FSX, take a look and scour you tube but most are people using microphones......

18 hours ago, wain said:

I have Pilot 2 ATC, it is good, includes moving map and the ability to add pdf's, however it is not an easy tool to use, read a review I think Jess did in PCPilot.....as an example I haven't used it for about 2 months and I will have to read up on it.....I don't use headset / mic as I have issues with speech recognition software, this has a Sayit function much like FSX, take a look and scour you tube but most are people using microphones......

I had seen a review of Pilot 2 ATC in PC Pilot, and it looks to complicated for me! :stars:

Thanks for your reply though!

Martin

I use PF3. It does VFR and IFR. It has a great manual and awesome support. 

It can look a little complicated at first but it’s just a habit - like programming the FMC in an NGX. 

Moreover it has a 2 week trial with pretty comprehensive coverage. 

I fly a lot on Pilotedge so have a pretty good idea of what is correct and realistic. This is pretty close.  

If I can’t fly online then PF3 makes the simming so much more rewarding. 

try voxatc as well.  has a trial period but also has a uk specific expansion that complies with CAP412 the CAA radiotelephony manual.  You can do things like MATZ penetrations that I believe are impossible with other ATC apps. 

Any atc app will only ever be as good as the data it works with so be prepared to use something like fsAerodata and get accomplished it editing afcad files with ADE, if you want the nost authentic experience!