Black Marble Next Generation, dev update

From our friend Chris Bell-

Hi everyone :)
we are exited to announce our upcoming release of Black Marble Next Generation, with the release of Prepar3D v4.3 it is now possible to push the boundaries even further.

Black Marble will now be referred to as Black Marble NG as in Next Generation, with a new look, a new feel and amazing night views like never before, seen for miles and miles, as far as your eye can see, more lights, more colors, all with native sim controls, you can make changes on the fly, we have a NEW BlackMarble NG Control Panel (still in development and will be released later on), we don't want to spoil the surprise but there's much more! :) 

We will post all new installers for all our existing Black Marble customers with the new NG tag shortly, this is a seamless upgrade to all our loyal customers ❤️ (we are doing our best to get these ready for for release this weekend,)

BlackMarble NG Base v1.0.0 Installer

BlackMarble NG Vector v1.0.0 / for 3D Bridges Installer

BlackMarble NG 3D Bridges v1.0.0 Installer

BlackMarble NG Traffic Pack v1.0.0 Installer

(yes you see correctly, no more patches needed from here on!!!)

with our new features night flying will never be the same,

Meet the new standards in Night Flying - Black Marble Next Generation! (NG)

• Thanks 2

Looks good!  Can you adjust the number of stars you see?  I have seen that many stars in the sky, but only when I was in the Sahara, miles away from any light pollution!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IMO your star view-ablilty panel should stop at Magnitude 7.0, not Start there. The faintest unaided viewable magnitude is 6.5...add any white lights and that will drop to 5 or 4. No one can see mag 7 stars without optical equipment or EXTREMELY dark night skies...and above mag 8 Only with telescopes.

The night sky scenes above in the video are totally unrealistic especially given all the City Lights below...sorry Chris. :( 

• Confused 1

Stargazer is a separate product Matt!

we went from none to having many options now; to each his own with regard to visual preferences!

its there for one to choose from; we didn't force one or the other magnitudes as static,

in our video we are not trying to showcase a scientific sky replica of the for astrophysicist study, rather showcase the full range of  Stargazer offering,

we provided all the data between where your eye can "technically" see from ground level,
to a thousand feet above ground in a higher layer of the atmosphere where most simmer lives up there visuals do differ from ground level,

we also showcase under clear sky,

Note: this is about Black Marble Next Generation which is presented as a whole in the video with Stargazer as garnish!

OK...fair enough.

I thought you were trying to simulate an accurate looking night sky experience. Omitting the ability to hide the dimmest human-eye visible stars (by starting your options at Mag 7.0) is missing the possibility to recreate that. I was just pointing out that your options should enable hiding stars down to at least mag 2.0 to simulate City Light Night Sky or a Full Moon sky which would obliterate being able to view stars above mag 3.0-4.0 regardless of altitude.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i know Matt ^_^

but we are not in astronomical observatory sim :stars:

we have to make due with what we have in flight sim, 

you can set HDR to off and you barely see a handful of stars in default,

if you turned off HDR with Stargazer you will get a more accurate representation with full Mag 12 depth,

as you go up in altitude more faint stars come into view in a more real life manner up to mag 12 depth,

6 hours ago, MyPC8MyBrain said:

with a single click in Stargazer Manager,

Chris, please excuse my ignorance, but Stargazer is a separate product, yes?

I am presently reviewing Stargazer and hoped to publish this weekend, but RW events has put a stop to that so it should be along soon.

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Captain Coffee said:

IMO your star view-ablilty panel should stop at Magnitude 7.0, not Start there. The faintest unaided viewable magnitude is 6.5...add any white lights and that will drop to 5 or 4. No one can see mag 7 stars without optical equipment or EXTREMELY dark night skies...and above mag 8 Only with telescopes.

The night sky scenes above in the video are totally unrealistic especially given all the City Lights below...sorry Chris. :( 

I agree with you Matt, and this particular point will be highlit in my review. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

indeed Joe Stargazer is a product on its own merits unrelated to Black Marble NG release :) 

Stargazer

https://forums.chrisbelldesigns.com/topic/681-stargazer-project-released/

Black Marble Next Generation (NG)
https://forums.chrisbelldesigns.com/topic/702-black-marble-next-generation-released/

Edited by MyPC8MyBrain