Logitech Wireless Headset.

I am tempted to send you a photo of the Gum Tree at the top of which I would surely be were it not for the help you guys give me. 

So today's query. I'm considering buying Logitech's Wireless headphones with the microphone attached. I own their keyboard and mouse- both wireless - and would ask what would be the advantage of that microphone?  To whom, or what, might I be able to communicate? ATC or the aircraft itself? "Add another level of flaps???

Please advise.

Thanks.

Hello James, the microphone on the headset would only be of use if you were flying online with other people in a multiplayer session or VATSIM, you cant talk to the sim to control it.

I know there are utilities out there that can convert spoken commands to computer actions but not sure there is one out there that work with simulators. 

Joe

:hat:

Many thanks, gentlemen. 

The microphone headset is not the way to gio after all. Point taken, Jo. 

Must congratulate you on  your frugality, Atan. Very impressive. 

Clearly you save on shaving tackle as well. You must be worth a small fortune. 

You've both brought a grin back to my face.

• Haha 1

Hi James,

There is a program called VoxATC which you can converse with but only through the ATC side of flying. You can't actually give commands as such but it adds another dimension to flight simming, when combined with VoxATC from RCSimulations.

Hope this helps or at least doesn't give you a headache.

Brian

I like my wireless headphones with microphone, they are not Logitech but I expect they perform the same-ish. The mic boom is nice as it shuts off when folded up..so no worries squid agents are listening in, but when making flight videos I sometimes like to explain aspects of the flight or situation, and the microphone comes in handy for that plus it stays 'in position' relative to my mumbling pie hole while I look around the cockpit/scenery...a regular mic would not move with me. 

The wireless nature of the headset also inspired me to "wireless" my TrackIr setup.... using a cheep USB battery pack hot glued to the headset to power the IR emitters. That wireless TrackIR on the headset is Terrific...best 'add' after TrackIR itself was making it wireless.

Many thanks for all that, Captain. 

Now I've to select the ones that I would like to buy. Not too keen on paying out for that microphone. Can't imagine myself ever needing it but all shall be revealed..