Tribulation with SE: FSX.

Recently I reinstalled the EMB 500 Phenom 300 and the Navigraph Pack. I had removed it some time ago in order to free up some hard drive space.

The gremlins struck immediately. In an attempt to improve things, I promptly removed both of them but to no avail.

Now, whilst I can select can still select an aircraft and place it at an airfield of my choosing, and the starting point I want, I cannot get any input for the engines at all. 

Meanwhile, Track I?R works perfectly.

So, what's the problem? Seems to be between my Saitek X52 Pro and the rest of the world.

Any thoughts or commiserations?

Hi James,

So.. you uninstalled the Phenom but it still appeared in your select aircraft list? Sorry for my confusion, too much time in the sun!

EDIT: What were the gremlins?

Exactly so, my sunburnt advisor. 

My gremlin problem is the failure of my Saitek X52 Pro failing completely to send any instructions to SE: FSX. The stick is functioning perfectly according to its Control panel. 

I can select an aircraft from the list and place it on any airfield of my choice. That's no problem. Seated, looking at the instrument panel, there's no indication that the engine is running even though an external view shows that it is. Furthermore, if I use my stick to increase the throttle there is no response on the instruments.. I feel that I need to uninstall/reinstall SE: FSX. do let me have your thoughts.

Thanks for getting back to me, Joe. 

Hi James,

The first remedy on the list is to delete your FSX.cfg and let the sim rebuild a shiny new fresh one when you restart the sim.

The usual caveats apply, i.e take a copy of fsx.cfg before taking such a bold action so you can restore it.

So where is this file I hear you cry? Try this C:\Users\{YOURNAME}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX If you can't see the AppData folder then you will need to show hidden folders in Windows, see here for instructions https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4028316/windows-view-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-10

Joe :hat: 

Grr. I followed to the letter but it didn't rebuild that file after rebooting both the PC and then the Sim.

What next, Joe?

Perhaps I should add that I paid for, and installed recently, that FSUIPC programme and followed its recommendations for setting up button and key assignments.

Remove it?

Hi James, 

Just one more thing, did you find the config file? I just realised you have the Steam Edition and the file is in a different folder than the standard FSX.

Should be C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE\fsx_se.cfg. :fool:

Have you tried calibrating your joystick in the controls section of the sim? Does your joystick work with other aircraft?

The FSUIPC program could be affecting the Phenom throttle, the only quick way to test would be to go to your FSX Steam directory and look for a folder called Modules and inside should be a file fsuipc.dll, if you move that file out to your desktop and try the sim again with the Phenom that would prove if FSUIPC is interfering .

• Like 1

hope you get it sorted James, I really wish I could offer some more advice but I can't think of any......it's so frustrating when it all goes wonky....best of luck......

Thank you, Joe.  More to investigate in the morning.

i appreciate your comment, Wain. 

There has been a spell of teeth being gnashed. 

Tomorrow, the struggle will be renewed. 

• Like 1

I doff my hat to you, Joe. You aren't just a handsome chap after all. 

The villain was that 'fsuipc.dll' file after all. 

Everything now appears to be all sweetness and light.

Hurrah  Hurrah  Hurrah.

I feel five years younger!

Great news James, at least you know who the culprit is.

However, FSUIPC is one of those 'must have' programs for FSX as some other programs rely on it too, so eventually that fsuipc.dll file should be restored

So it sounds like the throttle axis would need setting up correctly in FSUIPC (or FSUIPC control disabled). Unfortunately I don't use FSUIPC so I am not sure of the exact procedure but I know it is set up in the Axis Assignment tab and should be in the user manual, or maybe someone here could guide you.

• 2 weeks later...

Right....having dabbled with FSUIPC I have laid it aside to concentrate on solving the total lack of response from my Saitek X52 Pro stick.

I took a very deep breath and uninstalled, then reinstalled, SE: FSX. 

Now everything is working tickety-boo. 

Praise be!

Thanks for all your suggestions, fellows. 

Yippeee.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...