Aircraft Radio Comms in Multi-Player

Aircraft radio communications in Join FS multi-player.

In the past most of us have either used Skype or Team Speak to communicate whilst flying in multi-player using the very reliable Join FS software courtesy of Peter Memmott.

However it doesn't really feel like using an aircraft radio which is PTT operation.

To set this up you need to download Zello and register as a user and you have the option to set up your own private channel. eg: “ABC Flying Club”

Download link: https://zello.com

zello.jpg

The PTT operation in Zello defaults to F7 on your keyboard.

Next step is to download JoytoKey software and set this up so that your joystick PTT button is mapped to F7.

Joyto_Key_1.jpg

Joyto_Key_2.jpg

Download link: https://joytokey.net/en/download

That's all folks.

TAF.jpg

Edited by IZ0JUB
  • Like 1

Thanks Mike, the Mutley Crew fly most Sundays with JoinFS and Skype and it has worked very well so far, adding PTT could help things as we always talk over each other. I'll take a look :thanks:

Hi Joe,

If you wanted with the Zello system you can set up, as an example, "Mutley's Flying Club" and you become the moderator of that in effect private channel.

You can then add or remove aircraft radio operators at will.

The software is a small fraction of what Skype is and very light on all computers.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Mike.

Edited by IZ0JUB
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, IZ0JUB said:

Hi Joe,

If you wanted with the Zello system you can set up, as an example, "Mutley's Flying Club" and you become the moderator of that in effect private channel.

You can then add or remove aircraft radio operators at will.

The software is a small fraction of what Skype is and very light on all computers.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Mike.

Cool, thanks Mike, I will raise the subject tomorrow, the only hindrance that I can see is we do like to sing together, Honestly! :dance3:

• Haha 1

Don't worry about it, that's a minor issue, or should I say miner issue as a Welshman!!! 

Good luck if you do decide to set a channel up. From what I understand the system isn't monitored anyway.

I look forward to joining in with the singing!!!

Cheers Mike.

• Like 1