Orbx release NZGS Gisborne Airport

nzgs.jpg

NZGS is situated on the outskirts of Gisborne, on the East Coast of the North Island in New Zealand and is one of the few airports in the world that has a railway line, the Palmerston North-Gisborne Line, crossing the main runway.

Gisborne Airport airport is situated just next to the ocean in Poverty Bay, with spectacular views of the Young Nick’s Head mountain as you depart over open waters. It consists of a single terminal and gate, an asphalt runway 1310 meters long and several grass runways. Air New Zealand and Sunair both operate out of NZGS, however the airport is used for a combination of medical flights, SAR, and GA-Traffic - it gets quite busy as you can imagine!

Key Features:

• Accurate representation of Gisborne airport and cityscape
  • Large coverage area including the airport, Young Nick's Head mountain, and the city of Gisborne
  • Ground specular mapping
  • Baked ambient occlusion and night lighting
  • Dynamic lighting for P3DV4
  • Orbx PeopleFlow
  • Animated WA165 Vintage Steam train

https://orbxdirect.com/product/nzgs

Absolutely superb and never thought I would see this! I used to sit just to the left of that glass-fronted waiting lounge and watch the arrival and departure of the F27 Friendships operated by NAC..yep, that long ago. Also the DC3 workhorse of Fieldair operating out of here..Great days. For anyone nor so familiar with the airport take it from me, it is a splendid rendition and although the airport is somewhat larger now, I still recognise all the areas I used to hang out at.

Fantastic! :dance3:

• Like 2