sys temp?

I seem to be getting a lot of heat coming out from my machine, also the see through side panel is warm to touch. All below is from sessions of P3D4 and XP11....

GPU 50-70 c

CPU 49- 62 c

SYS TEMP? HIGHEST SHOWN 54 c

CPU is not overclocked, system is

Z170A MOBO

GTX 1070 8GB

i5 6600K

16GB ram

these may be normal, I am not concerned with the GPU/CPU temps they are fine but if I take the side off it cools the system very quickly.... I will give everything a blast of air but was wondering if there are other things I should look at? not having any issues other than CTD's of new stuff I am testing but that is incompatibilities not hardware....I will also check the PSU as there is a fan underneath, though the system is raised off the floor...

Main worry is heat from the motherboard, I have never experienced this before and not sure if the MSI reading saying SYS TEMP is indeed the general temp in the case or the MOBO temp, google searches not really helping...

At the end of the day it may just be me, we have had windows open and fans going all summer so I may have just not noticed.

Also I will speak with some techies on Saturday at Cosford..

Wayne

Those temp's seem about normal.  Usually there is a set temp that the cpu will cut out at and all will shut down, then you can restart after it has cooled down.  What size fan on the cpu are you using...

I think it's 120 and it's liquid cooling.. However after more googling I believe I have installed the fan wrong. Most info I am reading says fan pushing out through the rad.. I have it sucking in through the rad... I assumed you needed to draw air from outside but it seems I am wrong.. What's your thoughts on this? 

I have my CPU liquid cooler fans drawing in air from the outside through the radiator as its cool air going through and my case fans are blowing from inside out to get a good circulation and it works for me.

Edited by phil white
20 hours ago, phil white said:

I have my CPU liquid cooler fans drawing in air from the outside through the radiator as its cool air going through and my case fans are blowing from inside out to get a good circulation and it works for me.

cheers Phil, I have spoken with various people today including MSI, they say the temps are fine, also have been told the way the radiator is set is fine.....

I have found that in p3d putting fps down to 30 from unlimited has meant the gpu is working less, this in turn produces less heat .... all good now...

Main concern was case temp but MSI say there MOBOS will be OK up to 120 c all is good...

4 hours ago, wain said:

cheers Phil, I have spoken with various people today including MSI, they say the temps are fine, also have been told the way the radiator is set is fine.....

I have found that in p3d putting fps down to 30 from unlimited has meant the gpu is working less, this in turn produces less heat .... all good now...

Main concern was case temp but MSI say there MOBOS will be OK up to 120 c all is good...

Glad you’ve got it sorted mate.

• Thanks 1