ORBX question

Having seen the great job ORBX has done for XP with Tue earth I have a question....

P3DV4- I have LC EU & all UK & Ireland scenery, do we think True earth means that these will now be made redundant and therefore uninstalled?

Somebody asked else where but no one answered...

The EU LC will still be required for the rest of Europe for countries which don't have their own (like LC Germany).

For the UK, TrueEarth UK will negate the need for the region packs once the relevant area is covered, so yes, you will end up redundant scenery, it is a completely new product.

• Thanks 1

I am now at a cross roads, I like my P3D4 set up, however True Earth has been what I have wanted for XP for a long time, I need to decide do I continue with the new TE for XP or do I replace my P3D stuff?  ........I seem to be missing XP more when I am testing in P3D than the other way around....lets hope AFS2 don't get any better eh?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wain said:

I am now at a cross roads, I like my P3D4 set up, however True Earth has been what I have wanted for XP for a long time, I need to decide do I continue with the new TE for XP or do I replace my P3D stuff?  ........I seem to be missing XP more when I am testing in P3D than the other way around....lets hope AFS2 don't get any better eh?

I know spoilt for choice these days. as I have said before I had to make a decision P3D or X-Plane, so went X-plane, but I also got Aerofly as well to see what was better.  Graphics AF is the best, but limited to Switzerland and the US only.  (For now)?  I have not downloaded AF2 yet, as I don't want to start competing with myself.  P3D will by the laws of progress start to get dated from XP and AF2 unless they completely renew the FSX engine.  So at the moment I am sticking with XP and we are not far off when Vulcan will be added.  So you need to make that decision Wayne. (Good luck).  I spent a few thousand on FSX but sadly all gone in the bin.  That's the type of decision you have to make...  

But now months later very glad I went XP...  :scare:  :salute:   :pilotic:

This is my quote from another topic:

I loved ORBX in FSX and spent hundreds of pounds on it.  Had all their offerings.  Then I had to make the decision P3D or X-Plane.  I took the chance and went XP, but the habits of FSX did not bode well in the new sim.  So it was a new learning curve all over again.  I still ventured back into FSX for awhile until the confidence and the difference started keeping me longer and longer in XP.  Then the day arrived when I no longer wanted FSX.  I had learned quickly how much the immersion in XP was superior to FSX, photoscenery showed better and all the add on's were half the price of FSX.  So again have spent hundreds at the .org and learnt to do my own photoscenery, I have covered 90% of the USA so far with Europe next.  But now the added bonus of ORBX developing for XP is the icing on the cake for me.  Glad they are allowing 40% off for ex FSXer's who bought the ORBX scenery for FSX, when you buy the XP equivalent. 

Edited by jaydor
2 hours ago, wain said:

....lets hope AFS2 don't get any better eh?

TrueEarth UK is on the way for AF2 so I am led to believe, like James says, make your choice and stick to it :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, mutley said:

TrueEarth UK is on the way for AF2 so I am led to believe, like James says, make your choice and stick to it :)

Thanks for that note Joe.  That is the one I am waiting for and the direction I have chosen to go.  Very pleased with it to date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have so much in P3D, aircraft and scenery to keep me going for a long while, I think I will therefore be purchasing mostly XP stuff in future, will keep the p3d going though as I do a lot of testing on both sims for Just Flight.... I see ORBX has now released EGHI and ORBX libs....

• Like 1