i9 9900k Asus Motherboard and P3D

Your wish is our command Tom.

As for your thoughts on the i9 CPU, it's will be perfect for P3D.

I'm almost jealous. 

Good luck with the build and let us know how you get on with it. 

Cheers

Brian

Certainly top of the line. Haven't read anything bad about them or being used together so the only thing to think about is the fact that they are new so any problems, if any, will take some time to come out. That's not to say I wouldn't mind having them.:D

sounds like a very powerful combo, what other hardware will you be using/ GPU, RAM?

my system is as follows 6600K, Z170A MOBO, 1070 @ 8GB & 16GB RAM @ 2400, I run p3d4 at quite high settings with AivlaSoft, REX and loads of ORBX, using aircraft from Aerosoft, QW & iFly to name a few and locked at 30fps I get no issues apart from around Heathrow, all runs smoothly most of the time, biggest issue people do miss though is stuff in the background bogging down the system....hat are you upgrading from and how does that perform?

Right now I am using the following:

Intel i7-5960X OC 4.4

32.0 GB Memory 

Win 10 Pro 64-bit

1080 TI not OC

Asus Rampage V Extreme

Corsair H110 Liquid CPU Cooler

I bought the GF Airliner system with the GF Pro yoke and the GFRP-2 Rudder.

I am unhappy with the yoke. It has to much dead band sideways and push-pull. It also sticks. The other day I smeared petroleum jelly on the yoke surfaces and it helped.

I also re-did the springs and installed rubber bands on the elevator pots inside to reduce the dead band. I would like to get YoKo the Yoke in the future.

Tom Johnson

Edited by tomjon24

The system I just ordered and will be here the last of this week is as follows:

i9 9900 K CPU

Asus Rog Maximus XI

Asus Rog GeForce GTX 1080 Ti DirectX 12 STRIX-011G Gaming 11GB  Switch from the old computer

Corsair Crystal 570X RGB Mid-Tower

Samsung 970 PRO Series - 1TB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD Black/Red (MZ-V7P1T0BW)

Patriot Viper Gaming RGB Series DDR4 DRAM 3600MHz 16GB Kit - Black - RGB Color Profiles

Corsair AX 1220i Power Supply

Three BenQ 31.5 " curved Monitors. Existing 

CORSAIR Hydro Series H110i AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, 280mm Radiator, Dual 140mm SP Series PWM Fans, Advanced RGB Lighting and Fan Software Control

I hope that this will cool the CPU with it OC to 5.0 If not I will have to upgrade.

Do any of you use P3D Pro Plus. I have rented it but have not taken the time to set it up.

Tom Johnson

Edited by tomjon24
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I got everything installed and it works great.  One thing I did find out was change to Windows power option so I would not be power limiting the CPU.

Thanks to  ON THE GLIDESLOPE for finding this problem with X-PLANE 11 update. I have all the sliders full to the right hand and still keep above 20 FPS. I move the sliders to the left one notch and I am back to 30 FPS. I spent about $2800.00 and I think it is worth. I did already a ASUS 1080 ti so the over all price would of ben close to $3600.

Edited by tomjon24
Power Option
  • 3 weeks later...
On 13/12/2018 at 12:26, tomjon24 said:

well I got everything installed and it works great.

Please could you tell me your settings (Affinity mask, etc) because I also have the i9 9900k OC'ed to 5.1GHz on all cores, Asus ROG Maximus XI Extreme, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 and GSkill Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 x 16 GB)? Thanks. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...