Prepar3D V4.4 now available!

Prepar3D-v4.4-Banner-Image.jpg

11-28-18
Take to the skies like never before with Prepar3D v4.4! Groundbreaking features and improvements make this the largest and most comprehensive Prepar3D point release yet. Prepar3D v4.4 not only adds extensive new features to the platform, but also includes numerous user and developer requests including multiple fixes identified by the community and further expansion of Prepar3D’s open development architecture.

A focal point of this release is the core rendering engine has been updated to fully support Physically Based Rendering (PBR) laying the groundwork for next-level realism and unparalleled graphical fidelity in a full earth simulator. New content created using new PBR capabilities will allow all different types of materials, including metals, plastics, concrete, and glass, to be rendered and lit based on their unique physical properties.

Photoreal scenery has never looked better in Prepar3D v4 with new high-resolution texture support offering up to 16 times the detail in previous versions.

In addition, scenery objects can now be drawn at further distances, most add-ons will no longer require a restart when enabling or disabling them inside the application, moon lighting and cloud appearances at night has been overhauled, and to showcase the new PBR pipeline, the native F-16 aircraft materials have been updated to PBR. The release also features an AC11 Commander provided by Carenado and an update making the Indago Unmanned Arial Systems (UAS) a user controllable vehicle. Both vehicles are great examples of how Prepar3D can be used for diverse training and simulation goals – from training classic single engine propeller planes to simulating advanced unmanned systems.

For more information on enhancements and bug fixes see their official announcement here: https://www.prepar3d.com/news/2018/11/114948/

6 hours ago, J G said:

I am in the 'if it isn't broke then don't fix it' camp on this.  At least until some other folks have reported it as being good. :unsure: 

I have, all my addons are working as previous except Aivlasoft EFB, can't rebuild DB but that's not really an issue for me at the moment, all planes work, PTA has been updated, REX SF 3D works, REX HD Airports works....so I am happy with it.........fsuipc latest version is OK to according to Developer, normally he is on holiday when LM update...FS2CREW also works if you use that....

• Like 1

Likewise, I have been holding off updating until the all clear has sounded. 

Thanks to Wayne, it sounds as if the all clear is clear, which is clearly a sign to clear out the old and bring in the new. :D

• Haha 1

Needles, I installed V4.4 today, all I had to do was download the Active Sky 4.4 patch, every thing else worked fine, I didn't do a complete uninstall/ re-install, just the three components one by one. :good:

• Like 1