clouds etc....

Took a few shots around TE South, using ASXP to inject the weather and UWXP to show it........Skymaxx Pro just emailed about an update that will integrate it easier with ASXP but I have not tried that yet....

y4m2FxbD6N_hnjzTAd_7BSN7IRBHTCMFCNa0dxgR

y4mH8ZfsOGLWFbtLp77gSXwzZBBJ16LET6TE7rGi

y4mkyvtS8iXx5eBwwk1Nwp_Y2liMvtW3pieYyYlC

y4mxwWC3VokWk8oZ1HvjbWpJn0hXiITLb_8bgEBs

Great set!

27 minutes ago, needles said:

I don't have XP so I'm desperately waiting for the P3D version of TE to be released. 

"One thing I can tell you about P3Dv4.4 vs XP11 - the ortho textures look a lot clearer in P3D for some reason." - John Venema, TrueEarth GB South P3D.

• Thanks 1

I am confused - from my understanding ASXP is a weather engine that injects weather into the sim. Don't the other applications conflict with ASXP? Do they not do the same thing?

Or are you just using these other programmes for textures?

I am intrigued :)

Cheers

4 hours ago, UKJim said:

I am confused - from my understanding ASXP is a weather engine that injects weather into the sim. Don't the other applications conflict with ASXP? Do they not do the same thing?

Or are you just using these other programmes for textures?

I am intrigued :)

Cheers

ASXP supplies the weather but it will get shown by either XP11 default or one of the other, I am finding UWXP for me is looking really good, it's a bit like how some of use AS16 for weather but REX for clouds etc....there are 2 sets of clouds with ASXP but I prefer UWXP or even SMP clouds....

SMP will display the weather that Real Weather Connector reads from the ASXP app, however Cameron over at X-Aviation says you will get a better rendition if you use FSGRW...

You just have to set up XP weather to take it from metar.rwx which is put in the main folder by ASXP.....

2 hours ago, ChrisE91 said:

Great shots! About time AS did an XP edition! Is there any noticeable frame drops when using this? Still trying to find the sweet spot with xEnviro :unsure:

cheers, I spoke with Frank over at X-Aviation a while back as SMP for me when used with Carenado drops my frames, their 4.7 update using ASXP is actually giving me better fps....I have not used Xenviro for a while now, will try if 1.10 ever comes out....

On 16/12/2018 at 12:51, wain said:

yeah for me UWXP is currently the best, I have it set to load random cloud and texture sets on every load.....

Hi Wain, 

Would you be kind enough to share your settings please mate? I like your first shots and how the shadows look etc. 

Cheers,

Jim