I am tempted by the dark side......

9 hours ago, J G said:

One interesting thing I found out today is that ORBX give a 40% discount on XP purchases if you have the FSX/P3D version of one of their products. Very generous and good for me as I love their stuff.

I would love to make some movies but I am not sure how to add them to posts. Something to look into. 

I did not know about that - I may need to take a look into this as I wanted Shoreham and Goodwood for XP but did not want to pay full price - I have both for P3D so something I have learnt today :) Thanks

I think with the movies - if you upload to YouTube and then copy the link, you should just be able to paste in the link into the forum post and it will automatically embed the video. It's been a while though, so don't hold me to it ;)

This has turned into a bit of a blog!

I will be posting my latest episode in ATWC 7 soon. All of it will have been flown in XPlane 11.

In fact all of my flying will be in XPlane 11 from now on.

I am no longer tempted by the dark side. The dark side is Microsoft/Lockheed Martin.

I ocmpletely understand where you're coming from - I have not been on P3D for a while now. The only issue that gets to me sometimes is the weather and cloud drawing - I have addons that helps with this, but even so, it is still nowhere near as good as P3D in that terms. However, the performance and graphics are enough to tempt me away even with it's faults :)

I believe a new update is in beta at the moment, so it will be interesting to see what that brings. Also, nearer to the end of this year, HiFi will hopefully either update or sell a product that will do the cloud drawing better etc. 

Look forward to seeing some shots/videos mate. 

On 10/01/2019 at 14:13, UKJim said:

I ocmpletely understand where you're coming from - I have not been on P3D for a while now. The only issue that gets to me sometimes is the weather and cloud drawing - I have addons that helps with this, but even so, it is still nowhere near as good as P3D in that terms. However, the performance and graphics are enough to tempt me away even with it's faults :)

I believe a new update is in beta at the moment, so it will be interesting to see what that brings. Also, nearer to the end of this year, HiFi will hopefully either update or sell a product that will do the cloud drawing better etc. 

Look forward to seeing some shots/videos mate. 

Remember Jim HIFI only released it recently and they have said it is not fully sorted yet....more to come also I heard they may do textures as currnetly they use whatever you have in sim...I have been messing with UWXP /ASXP & Xvision, I posted shots elsewhere...

31 minutes ago, wain said:

Remember Jim HIFI only released it recently and they have said it is not fully sorted yet....more to come also I heard they may do textures as currnetly they use whatever you have in sim...I have been messing with UWXP /ASXP & Xvision, I posted shots elsewhere...

True, they do have alternate textures too in ASXP, quite good ones too. I am just trying to get a good mix of UWXP, XVision and Reshade at the moment - can spend hours just tweaking and making it look just right lol. Back to the days of FSX :)

Still, it is all good and looks fantastic when all set up nicely. 

• Thanks 1