Speakers

Time to get new speakers. mine are around 15 years old and now have a constant 'hiss' going on. What type of speakers have you got? I don't even know whether to get a good headset instead. If I get new speakers would you recommend cheap or mid-range? Any suggestions would be welcome here :)

I have a Creative stereo system (actually 2 satellites and a sub) that came as part of a PC bundle I bought back in 2007 (making them 12 years old). The PC they came with is long defunct. They still sound pretty good though. The only change I've made is to put a 2 channel mixer on the front so they can be driven from both my Mac and PC

i have a Logitech 5/1 system crammed into my tiny boat, and am quite pleased with it. It does Bass engine rumbles quite convincingly, and movies sound great as do my tunes. I would HAT to wear headsets while watching a movie, and getting any work done listening to music with headsets is right out.

I doubt mine was "High End" as I tend not to shop at that end of the store...it was around 90 USD or so. Caveat, I am not an audiophile, I just know what I like to hear. :) 

Edited by Captain Coffee

I have a Logitec Z506 5:1 surround sound system.

The 4 corner speakers are really compact, about 15cm high (the size of an Ambi-pure air freshener).  The centre speaker balances perfectly on the top of my middle of 3 widescreens, and the base unit gives enough rumble for my flights to be felt, if not heard downstairs :P

I find that 1/3 setting is about right, but it would go a LOT louder with perfect clarity.. and as long as the next door neighbour was out, lol :D

Edited by hlminx

Thanks for the replies, I went to PC World and after lots of umming and ahhhing opted for the Z506 before seeing Steph's reply. She's right about the clarity and rumble, it's a decent set of speakers. I'm now wondering if the Logitech that Matt's got are the same ones?

• Like 1
On 21/01/2019 at 01:08, Lucy.P said:

Thanks for the replies, I went to PC World and after lots of umming and ahhhing opted for the Z506 before seeing Steph's reply. She's right about the clarity and rumble, it's a decent set of speakers. I'm now wondering if the Logitech that Matt's got are the same ones?

Great Minds shop alike...and I def a-like my Logitec Z506 5:1 speakers... as it turns out....that is what I in fact have! :D 

Enjoy Lucy! 

• Like 1