Leg 22 Madrass (VOMM) to Paro (VQPR)

Guys,

I hate that this had to happen, but it has.

I'm very busy this week with GCSE mocks, and thus will not be able to post the shots till late Friday Night, or early Saturday Morning. I'm really sorry guys, but I just don't have time to fly. In the meantime, I am taking reservations for seats on the plane to Paro. Want a free seat on this leg? Just leave something saying yes and I will do my best to include you.

No problem Hugo, I was really quick off the mark this time which is unusual for me so must have taken you by surprise! :salute:

Count me in on the flight if there's space and a seat for the atwc_baton.png too!

Cheers

I'll take a seat on this ride. Relax a bit on route to my next leg.

Sorry to hear about the pressures of school, but just think all the hard work you put in now will lead to this type reaction when you are finally finished :yess: so hang in there big buddy. :great:

Sorry about the delay in posting, I originally had hoped to post two days ago, but computerproblems slowed me down again. Our flight today is a 3 hour hop from a typical Indian city in Southern India to perhaps one of the most challenging airports in the World (Paro VQPR). Heres a shot of it in real life.

0540452.jpg

As you can see, it really is a remote airport. It is surrounded by mountains up to 20,000 feet higher on every side, and the approach is very tricky, with their being no ILS to make things easier. Only one scehduled airline flies there, Drukair. Their fleet consists of two A319s and some Bae146s. In fact, on my first attempt of this flight, ATC vectored me straight into a mountain, ending my flight somewhat prematurely. The second attempt, I wrote custom STARS for the airport, avoiding all mountains and enabling me to make a safe approach. Thankfully, it worked, and the baton reached it's next location. Anyhow, here are the shots.

Our lovely aircraft at the stand in Chennai (VOMM). The red carpet entrance makes up for the early departure after Mutley's late arrival. :clapping:

fsscr000.jpg

The baggage being loaded on, there was quite a lot with everyone's various flight charts and manuals for the later stages of the ATWC.

fsscr001.jpg

1/2 an hour later, it's getting light and we push back.

fsscr002.jpg

Taxiing to the active, very short taxi from the stand this time.

fsscr003.jpg

Two minutes later we're turning onto the runway.

fsscr004.jpg

And we're offff....

fsscr005.jpg

Climbing rapidly into the cloud above Madrass.

fsscr006.jpg

Banking over the city.

fsscr007.jpg

Still climbing over urban India.

fsscr008.jpg

Now over the Ocean.

fsscr009.jpg

My view.

fsscr010.jpg

Mutleys view, complete with information screen and hostess preparing coffee.

fsscr011.jpg

Mutley and Marcus' seat, don't worry about me being in the cabin, Marcus had control with Wayne and Mutley having look at the very nice controls.

fsscr012.jpg

Wayne and CaptHill sitting down to lunch, the baton is riding in the aft cabin on it's special sofa.

fsscr013.jpg

Meanwhile, the Legacy keeps cruising.

fsscr014.jpg

Back over India now, approaching the border of Bhutan and the Himalayas.

fsscr015.jpg

Some city in Northern India.

fsscr016.jpg

Commencing the descent.

fsscr017.jpg

Approaching the Himalayas.

fsscr018.jpg

Down we go.

fsscr019.jpg

And landing. I was so busy on the descent that I forgot to take shots. :thum:

fsscr020.jpg

Turning onto the apron.

fsscr021.jpg

Just to show how remote VQPR is.

fsscr022.jpg

Parked up, looking back at the directionwe came in.

fsscr023.jpg

Thanks for looking.

:thum:

Great flight, great shots!

That sure was a smooth flight flight and very good service from Sharon :smile: Nearly spilled my coffee on the departure though :clapping:

I nearly chose the Legacy for my leg but I believe the SP2 update is not out yet?

Glad you liked my choice of airports and thanks for the extra flight information!

Cheers