Touch Screen Monitors for P3D v4

I am in the process of building a Flight Sim cockpit and I want to install four touch screen monitors in the panel . I will be using Air Manager to build the gauges for the touch screen monitors.

While trying to decide which monitors to use, I notice  that you can buy them with two touch, 5 touch and up to 10 touch screens. Is this a case that more is better?

Tom Johnson

• 4 weeks later...

One more question. Has anyone use any small display screens to display just the engines or the ribbon display for airliners? Also I have seen on the internet small display screens that use USB inputs.

Tom Johnson

On 02/04/2019 at 08:09, mutley said:

Hi Tom, I guess the number of screens will be either dictated by Air Manager or by your budget :)

I was referring to the number of touch points on the monitor not the number of monitors.

On 24/04/2019 at 20:31, tomjon24 said:

One more question. Has anyone use any small display screens to display just the engines or the ribbon display for airliners? Also I have seen on the internet small display screens that use USB inputs.

Tom Johnson

Hi Tom, 

I have used multi screens for a while now but a couple of smaller screens I use are for a GPS panel that I built and the second is a small 10" screen which I use for my main six pack instruments. I have a two PC network and I run P3Dv4.4 on the main pc and the 10" screen along with my standard 19" screen on the client pc. The GPS panel uses a 5" screen with an array of buttons and rotary encoders via a Leo Bodnar USB switch card, whilst the 10" panel is simply connected to the GPs on the client pc.

If you take a look through the Hardware/Cockpit Building thread you might find some more info regarding how I built my GPS panel. 

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Brian