Present your aircraft

Ladies and Gentlemen, very glad to be  back in what is my 4th MEBAR.

As always me and some VA co-members are joining with some repainted aircraft. Last year we were an all Comanche bunch. This year we're spread out a bit on types, me in a P-51 like in my 1st and 2nd year.

So without further wait, I give you my mount, painted by our VA housepainter Thorsten.

oXyx9hP4_o.jpg

• Like 2

Toby,

Very nice, the high performance should help you negotiate some of the mountainous regions of Greece which are on the MEBAR route. Good to have you and the guys from Andras Meridian Airlines back again for another year.

All the best and enjoy.

Cheers
Andrew

Hi Mebar team and fellow pilots,

following Toby, the second entry from Andras Meridian is joining. It's the second time for me and happy to join again. Many thx for your ongoing efforts to host this great event. Presenting the "sister" livery for my Mustang...

a0vvYlAJ_o.jpg

Cheers

Thorsten

Edited by Thorsten42
  • Like 1

Thorsten,

Welcome back to the MEBAR again and nice work on the repaints. Maybe real world commercial airlines should start incorporating more nose art and tail art on their aircraft. It adds great character.

All the best and enjoy the MEBAR.

Cheers
Andrew

The MEBAR always presents multiple challenges for me. First, there is the planning, choosing a region in the world and then designing a suitably challenging route. However, what becomes more of a challenge is choosing what to fly from my hangar of some 75+ individual aircraft that are suitable for the event.

This year, I still couldn't get it right because I changed my mind after sending in my Pilot Registration. :rofl: When it gets down to it though, I am a big fan of radial engines, and the Beechcraft Model 18 Twin Beech is one of my favourite aircraft, so my entry combines the best of both.

Cheers
Andrew

Beechcraft Model 18 Twin Beech.jpg

• Like 1

As usual, I am a lot late for the party as I have been entertaining Wifey on her 60th Birthday Holiday.

Needless to say I am back and raring to go.

So here is my trusty bucket that is this years event aircraft for me.

The Cessna 310 Redux.

Cheers guys.

MEBAR 2019_PIC.jpg

• Like 1

Dear all,

I'm the third member of AMA - Andras Meridian Airline and after MEBAR 2018 for me it's the second time I'm participating in the MEBAR. Thanks again for all the organizational work that' s behind such an event!

As Toby already mentioned, other than last year we are using various aircrafts for this year's event. While my sim fellows preferred a Mustang, with respect to the extended range of the legs I decided to select an Aero Commander 690B Turbo Commander.

Thorsten, the performing artist of our small virtual airline provided me with some nice nose art for the Turbo Commander.

19042506235220410616212294.jpg

Wish you happy landings

Gernot

• Like 3