That's an odd message to get - do you already have the upgrade file downloaded and it just won't install, or can't you download it?

Is it possible that the version you have is already at SP2? How recently did you purchase it?

Was your internet connection working at the time you tried it?

...just grabbing at straws here.

I'm not implying anything - please don't be offended by this, but...

Some download sites check the PC they are downloading to and will not permit their stuff to be loaded to a PC where they have detected the presence of certain piracy-related applications. I'm pretty sure Just Flight does this and there are others too. I don't know if MS does, but I suspect they are pretty sensitive about that kind of thing. I don't know what the apps are, but I'll bet someone at the JF site does.

Did you obtain the software in a sealed package frorm a reputable seller? MS probably has the ability to determine if the copy of FSX on the PC is a "legal" one or not, at least in certain circumstances.

John

That's an odd message to get - do you already have the upgrade file downloaded and it just won't install, or can't you download it?

Is it possible that the version you have is already at SP2? How recently did you purchase it?

Was your internet connection working at the time you tried it?

...just grabbing at straws here.

I'm not implying anything - please don't be offended by this, but...

Some download sites check the PC they are downloading to and will not permit their stuff to be loaded to a PC where they have detected the presence of certain piracy-related applications. I'm pretty sure Just Flight does this and there are others too. I don't know if MS does, but I suspect they are pretty sensitive about that kind of thing. I don't know what the apps are, but I'll bet someone at the JF site does.

Did you obtain the software in a sealed package frorm a reputable seller? MS probably has the ability to determine if the copy of FSX on the PC is a "legal" one or not, at least in certain circumstances.

John

I got the download from the microsoft website