Bad Grampa strikes again

Just completed flight 05. Sorry I haven't been posting tons of cool screenshots of earlier flights, but all that haze and gloom just wan't very photogenic. Ernie got an idea during flight 05, which I agreed with and immediately put into effect. The main factor in the weather is the wind speed and direction, at least as far as time of flight is concerned. I don't really sweat that too much; I participate mainly for the fun of it, and to build hours with DC-3 Airways. Long as we've come all the way to Greece, we should be able to see the beautiful scenery, right? So why not go into the weather option and kill the damn haze and clouds but leave the wind? I did that, and things really improved. Hey, I even got Benny Goodman going on the stereo. So here are some pictures of the later parts of flight 05, which were worth taking because you can actually see the scenery:

Boy, those engines just sound happy, don't they?
UcSF_f-lC9xt9P_ozHQC5zOnMmCy1Si8YtI2dnZt

Did you see that shark down there?
zHyoGKclYVGvzkyFxHXGtl6Jcg6IHMjNxf1gafxs

Diving through the pass toward Hellinkin:
Nav-MGJ5M61ynOtgSfgdUwY_kUQlJVM_A-dy-grN

Pre-landing checklist complete. Ernie, roll Benny Goodman's "Sing, Sing, Sing," please.
_83Ktl0T-wfPzt2tyv8sOHW5oAHIIW9CgMXBPe7s

Awright! We survived another one!
j61PiPurcJe3W4IDqmn7vnO9Jinv8KZ2JhEMHDPI

That was a fun series of flights. Thank you very much to the Mutley crew for putting it together!

Seeya
 ATB

• Thanks 1

Nice set of screenshots Alan, and I hope Nancy made you a coffee on the flight !

I have to agree with you regarding the haze during the flights, which is the main reason I never posted screenshots of my flights this year, there just wasn't very much to see this time around, but hey that's what makes these rallies more interesting, 'cause ya never know what you're gonna get right ?

Never the less I thoroughly enjoyed this years rally, as I always do anyway, I only overshot one runway on landing, honest !!!!!!!!

Already looking forward to next years one as Joe has promised me it will be in scenic Alaska. :dancea::pilotic:

Alright he hasn't really, but if I keep knocking hard enough you never know, all those lovely mountains and valleys to contend with, well maybe one of these fine days anyway.  :rolleyes:

I'm off for a little tour of the Yellowstone area now.

Until next year then.......................................................................

8 minutes ago, NobbyNoMates said:

Joe has promised me it will be in scenic Alaska.

Have I been talking in my sleep again? Has Mrs Mutley been spilling the beans?  :D

Thanks for taking part Wayne :thanks: