Has anyone used REXs Environment Force?

Hello peeps!

So I have EF and don't really get it?

Has anyone else tried it yet, what are your thoughts?

I can see that I can grow and dissipate clouds manually using the sliders, but I don't see much activity when using in automation mode.  

If anyone has a before and after, or any movie shots.. please share!

Cheers,

Joe

been using it for a while now, I tend to use auto mode, but have to adjust the Exposure setting as I find it to bright....I find transitions in weather are a lot smoother instead of sudden changes.....I use it solely with Skyforce3d, using the built in weather engine and have also removed PTA.......there were initially problems with PTA and Tomato-shade but we tested a fix that has now been rolled out and seems to work...no shots to share I am afraid but I like it.....I tend to prefer auto with most of these type of add-ons, not much of a tweaker and to be honest what may look good to me on someone else's monitor may not........

• Thanks 1
On 04/05/2019 at 20:15, mutley said:

Hello peeps!

So I have EF and don't really get it?

Has anyone else tried it yet, what are your thoughts?

I can see that I can grow and dissipate clouds manually using the sliders, but I don't see much activity when using in automation mode.  

If anyone has a before and after, or any movie shots.. please share!

Cheers,

Joe

On 07/05/2019 at 08:41, wain said:

been using it for a while now, I tend to use auto mode, but have to adjust the Exposure setting as I find it to bright....I find transitions in weather are a lot smoother instead of sudden changes.....I use it solely with Skyforce3d, using the built in weather engine and have also removed PTA.......there were initially problems with PTA and Tomato-shade but we tested a fix that has now been rolled out and seems to work...no shots to share I am afraid but I like it.....I tend to prefer auto with most of these type of add-ons, not much of a tweaker and to be honest what may look good to me on someone else's monitor may not........

I'm a user Joe, from the beginning of it, and I can tell, I won't NEVER fly without it no more!  Once you get used to it...

Most interesting benefits are the real time tweaking and the weather smoothing wich make the look of weather like never before in auto mode.

Best using a weather engine for smoothing so there's no more sudden changes in the weather, you get a nice fading.

No need to tweak for hours and hours, just take some time in the beginning to make settings the way to your likings for the sim while in manual mode, make a couple of test flights, you can make some more finetuning in the mini UI panel. My settings on the main UI are mostly default and did some tweaks in the "In-sim panel" Then save my preset and all is set for next (Auto or manual) flights. I even combine PTA, a few things but let EF do the greatest part.

Hi Joe!

I love REX Environment Force. There are so many possibilities to find the right settings.

But,for someone like me,it also offers an Auto Mode. Once set,it is always there and gives you amazing results.

As Dolf said,I don't want to miss it.

Cheers,

DocScott

• Thanks 2

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

I am doing a review so wanted to get feelings back from P3DV4 pilots on the value and applicability of this product to their flying experiences.

I need to do a lot more testing. :)

Cheers
Joe 

• Like 1

I am waiting for some reviews as I currently use Active Sky and REX TD4 with soft clouds - I would like to know the main differences and also if it is worth the cost to change over. 

Also, how does it work with Active Sky as the weather engine, but textures from REX?

Can someone please explain what Sky Force 3d is used for and Environment Force is used for? Is one a weather engine and the other a texture replacement like TD4?

Cheers

1 hour ago, UKJim said:

I am waiting for some reviews as I currently use Active Sky and REX TD4 with soft clouds - I would like to know the main differences and also if it is worth the cost to change over. 

Also, how does it work with Active Sky as the weather engine, but textures from REX?

Can someone please explain what Sky Force 3d is used for and Environment Force is used for? Is one a weather engine and the other a texture replacement like TD4?

Cheers

SkyForce = Weather engine + Textures

Environment Force= Environment tweaking while in-sim, let the weather changing fade. Able to comine with PTA or Tomado.

• Like 1