Final flight fly-in (multiplayer)

Dear ATWC pilots.

It is customary for the final flight of the Challenge to be flown online. :pilotic:

So just dipping our toe in the water, do we have any ATWC pilots wishing to join in? In order to be eligible you must either be a registered pilot who has posted a PIREP, or a member of the Mutley Crew (moderators or admin) if we get no responses then the flight will be flown by the Mutley Crew.

The flight will take place on a Saturday or Sunday to be decided, you will need to be on Skype and have JoinFS installed. It is a totally off the wall event and does not require you to have 10000 hours on VATSIM, or be type rated an any particular aircraft.

If interested please post below.

3 hours ago, needles said:

I'm in Boss. Should be a hoot.

Yeah, but you will have to be on your best behaviour in public if others join us. :D

As for Jess and I, we will be our normal debauched and depraved selves. :cool:

• Haha 1

I am interested.

Last time I tool part I used P3D or FSX (I don't remember which) but now I use X-Plane.

I don't know if you can join with X-Plane, I suspect the answer will be not, but can someone confirm this?

Edit:  I looked up JoinFS and found this:

• Cross-platform multiplayer across Prepar3D, X-Plane, FSX and FSX:Steam.

So perhaps the better question would be: Has anyone done this sort of thing with X-Plane, and how successful in integrating with FSX/P3D was it?

Edited by J G
1 hour ago, J G said:

I am interested.

Last time I tool part I used P3D or FSX (I don't remember which) but now I use X-Plane.

I don't know if you can join with X-Plane, I suspect the answer will be not, but can someone confirm this?

Edit:  I looked up JoinFS and found this:

• Cross-platform multiplayer across Prepar3D, X-Plane, FSX and FSX:Steam.

So perhaps the better question would be: Has anyone done this sort of thing with X-Plane, and how successful in integrating with FSX/P3D was it?

Hi J G, Jess has flown in one of our multiplayers using JoinFS and X-Plane with no problem. The only issue may have is with slightly misplaced runways or scenery.

OK! here are the details:

Our bucket list of Wonders of the World is nearly complete as we depart the Netherlands and the penultimate Wonder of the Modern World, the Delta and Zuiderzee Works, followed by the last of the Modern World Wonders, the Channel Tunnel at Calais. From here we can nearly smell Southampton, but not before we smell something more sinister, the last Wonder on ATWC 7even, and the last Wonder of the Industrial World, the London Sewerage System. For this, we visit the Crossness Pumping Station. Glad to be leaving the foul stench of sewerage behind, and also glad to be embarking on the final leg of the ATWC 7even, we finally head for home, Southampton.

Flight Details:
Screenshot_2.jpg

Prerequistes:
Multi-player client - (FSX, P3D and X-Plane) JoinFS Version 1.4.34. Available free here https://pmem.uk/joinfs/install.html but do please consider a donation.
Comms - Skype If you wish to join in, please PM me your Skype contact address.

Date - Sunday, 26th May, 2019.
Time - 09:00 UTC for 09:30 UTC (10:00 local).
Expected duration - 3.02 hrs 

Aircraft - The Mutley Crew will be flying the Antonov AN-2 (Aerosoft version). Or you can join with any low to medium power single piston aircraft.  

We would recommend you familiarise yourselves with the setup of JoinFS before joining the flight because we will be taking off promptly at 10:30 local and will not be in a position of offer real time support.

So PM me if we can expect you to join, and please be available on Skype from 10:00 BST.

Cheers.,

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Beejay,

I've not had anyone PM me with their Skype details so this is now a closed Mutley Crew fly-in. 

Please feel free to make the flight and post your account of the flight at your leisure, I have attached the flight plan for the route we will be taking.

Sorry to disappoint, if we had three or more volunteers then maybe we could have gone for it.

Cheers,

Joe

ATWC7 Final Flight.pln