Microsoft made an error in letting MSFS slide and another in selling it.  And now they know it.

We have products that are firmly established in P3D and X-Plane, and another FS is not going to cut it.  I bought Flight when it came out in the confusion of what you could and could not do with P3D at its start and that was a waste of money.  I won't be doing the same thing again. 

To get back into the FS market MS have got to produce something very special, global, fantastic flight model, huge detail, etc. plus a lot of people have got to buy into it. I can't see that happening.

13 hours ago, J G said:

Microsoft made an error in letting MSFS slide and another in selling it.  And now they know it.

We have products that are firmly established in P3D and X-Plane, and another FS is not going to cut it.  I bought Flight when it came out in the confusion of what you could and could not do with P3D at its start and that was a waste of money.  I won't be doing the same thing again. 

To get back into the FS market MS have got to produce something very special, global, fantastic flight model, huge detail, etc. plus a lot of people have got to buy into it. I can't see that happening.

Completely agree. I think one thing which showed Microsoft in a poor light was that every simulator they ever brought out required a PC set up so far advanced that you’d need to burgle the offices at NASA to run it at max graphics and still have 30+FPS. 

Xplane have done a fantastic job in creating a realistic simulator that’s both aesthetically pleasing, and accurate in terms of dynamics, however slightly harder to get the hang of in terms of control. 

P3D have taken the core of FSX, spruced it up and made it playable on most rigs. As pretty as the graphics are in the trailer, I highly doubt Microsoft have found the errors in their ways and we’ll be back to the same issue when it’s released. In my opinion, they’re entering a fairly saturated market too late, and there’s already a divide between XP and P3D users - I can’t see many shifting and paying hundreds for all the addons for a new simulator. I’ll be waiting until at least a year after release until they patch all the bugs and I’ve had a comprehensive browse through all of the customer reviews.