Starting out with X Plane

After several frustrations with good old FSX, I have decided to let the old dog lie and moved on to pastures new. I am now using XPlane 11 and what a difference!. Here's my first screenie of the vFlyteAir Cherokee 140 with OrbX True Earth England scenery. I'm very impressed with what I have discovered so far with XP11 :D

Cherokee140-Original-2019-07-08-5-45-43-

Edited by adrians69

Welcome to X-Plane!

I moved from P3D at the beginning of the year and I am a total convert.

You will find, down your voyage of discovery, that X-Plane 11 is a very flexible and reliable platform.

I have been adding and amending my install of X-Plane including software addons and hardware add ons (both commercial and home built - I currently use a real Tornado GR1 undercarriage lever in my sim) without any major issues.

It's true to say I have had a couple of crashes but not while flying and always fixable quickly, and without having to get clues from the interweb. The platform seems to be so much easily configurable, and if you want to get down into the nuts and bolts, it is easy to do so by using Lua scripting.

I initially installed X-Plane alongside P3D but eventually completely uninstalled P3D as I wont go back now.

On 10/07/2019 at 10:41, J G said:

Welcome to X-Plane!

I moved from P3D at the beginning of the year and I am a total convert.

You will find, down your voyage of discovery, that X-Plane 11 is a very flexible and reliable platform.

I have been adding and amending my install of X-Plane including software addons and hardware add ons (both commercial and home built - I currently use a real Tornado GR1 undercarriage lever in my sim) without any major issues.

It's true to say I have had a couple of crashes but not while flying and always fixable quickly, and without having to get clues from the interweb. The platform seems to be so much easily configurable, and if you want to get down into the nuts and bolts, it is easy to do so by using Lua scripting.

I initially installed X-Plane alongside P3D but eventually completely uninstalled P3D as I wont go back now.

Thanks John, I am enjoying learning the new sim systems, and I do not regret ditching FSX at all. It's been a while since I visited due to not really simming much recently, and waiting to get a PC good enough to run X Plane well. I am there now and am very impressed with the new sim so far! :D

@adrians69

I don't know if you aware or even interested but the default XP11 737 800 is available as what's is known as the Zibo Mod. It is entirely free including an awesome sound set and 4k textures but is about a 2gb file size and is updated on an almost weekly basis.

Google "Zibo 737 800" and it a fast download using Google Drive.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-tdl3VvPeOOYm12Wm80V04wdDQ

Edited by phil white
On 18/07/2019 at 22:07, phil white said:

@adrians69

I don't know if you aware or even interested but the default XP11 737 800 is available as what's is known as the Zibo Mod. It is entirely free including an awesome sound set and 4k textures but is about a 2gb file size and is updated on an almost weekly basis.

Google "Zibo 737 800" and it a fast download using Google Drive.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-tdl3VvPeOOYm12Wm80V04wdDQ

Thanks Phil, yes I have heard of this, and I have now downloaded it. I've heard it's as good almost as the PMDG one for FSX, is that right?

7 hours ago, adrians69 said:

Thanks Phil, yes I have heard of this, and I have now downloaded it. I've heard it's as good almost as the PMDG one for FSX, is that right?

Not quite as good no. It is freeware after all and is still buggy but at least it gets updated on a regular basis.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, phil white said:

Not quite as good no. It is freeware after all and is still buggy but at least it gets updated on a regular basis.

Its still very good!

• Like 1