What new feature would you like to see in Microsoft's Flight Simulator 2020

Less slidey-skiddy taxying

Up-to date nav database & airspace, with an easy way of updating (e.g. Navigraph etc). Just being within 5 miles of the same airport in X-Plane would be a start!

Rain effects (anyone remember those?)

Correct positioning of clouds based on METARS (ie AGL not AMSL)

Proper European ATC

Rail tracks with moving trains (like car traffic)

Unicorns

(ya know, I've never actually seen the Northern Lights. I think they're a miff . . .)

17 minutes ago, Tim_A said:

(ya know, I've never actually seen the Northern Lights. I think they're a miff . . .)

Odd, I have seen them in FSX but not P3D eventhough the Envtex shader addon has textures for them.

Try sitting on the runway at Tromsø for a while?

Combat FS capability...yes...even shooting down ai or other player aircraft. My #1 request because otherwise when I finally replace my dead computer i'll be switching to DCS world...

Associated; Robust support for multi-player even in civil operations. Air-hauler, for example, flying with actual other players would be awesome frosting!

ALL the weather/shadow/cloud/lighting/atmouspheric effects!

Immediate support for add-on development and integration.

Unicorns.

Edited by Captain Coffee
  • Like 1

I would like to see a built-in Google Earth API, so we can display flight plans or flown flights in GE.

As Tim said, definitely some sort of Navigraph interface that can import flight plans and be the basis for an airfield database.

OK, I cede to popular request, Unicorns.

Proper multi-core and GPU support

Decent scenery performance, especially in densely populated areas (think about how crap P3D is around London, compared to X-Plane with the same Addon scenery)

Ability to crack the doors open a bit while taxying

Clouds that don't vanish completely as soon as you fly out of them

Better vectoring (no more repeated 30-degree left/right zig-zagging)

Oh, ad did I mention, unicorns?

Here's something I'd like to see added not only to the new Microsoft simulator but to P3D and X-Plane 11, as well: Realistic AI helicopter traffic such as was provided by Heli Traffic 2009, but taken even further by including helicopters in ATC and by enabling visual flight following such as can be done with fixed-wing AI aircraft.

The ability to call up the ATC and declare an emergency, so that procedures swing into action to get you down safely etc and send out the fire trucks when you do so! Something you cannot do with FSX.

• Like 3
On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 22:27, Captain Coffee said:

Combat FS capability...yes...even shooting down ai or other player aircraft. My #1 request because otherwise when I finally replace my dead computer i'll be switching to DCS world...

Associated; Robust support for multi-player even in civil operations. Air-hauler, for example, flying with actual other players would be awesome frosting!

ALL the weather/shadow/cloud/lighting/atmouspheric effects!

All of the above except the DCS world bit (replace with X-Plane 11 military capabilities) and...….

Better FPS for an average spec PC

Backward compatibility with FSX/P3D aircraft addons

Edited by J G
  • 3 weeks later...

Military AI aircraft...not just civil. 

More detailed texture that is FPS friendly.

No unicorns!!!

Rain effects.

More realistic engine sounds.

The full finished product being FREE!!  (Okay...that may be stretching it a bit!!)

Martin

Given MS's announcement that they are taking back control of FSX, then I guess 2020 will be a development of this. It would certainly explain the short time between announcement and release deadline.  

It might mean that P3D becomes a blind alley. If the mass market way ahead is MS FS2020 then Lockheed may stop supporting the £50 version that amounts to a mass market version of P3D.

• 1 month later...
On 13/07/2019 at 16:34, mutley said:

So here is an opportunity voice your most wanted additions / improvements to MFS2020

To start it off, I would like to see rainbows (but no unicorns lol)

I was only joking but... wow!

rainbow.jpg

• Like 1
On 01/10/2019 at 01:41, Tristarcaptain said:

I guess the whole idea is to make things realistic and true to life.  So, the world order has changed since FSX...how about missions to take out active shooters at schools and airports....??? (and of course, Unicorns!!)  :P

It would a bit dull in tb UK then. 

• 10 months later...

Instant Replay - i hear it is in the 'Backlog' :secret:

Helicopters - i'd love the Osprey to make a comeback as i loved flying that in ATWC

Better ATC - a) more varied voices across the world  b) responses to 7700 and 7500

Liveries - There are going to be a LOT of the same aircraft up in the air in Multiplayer

More/Better training options - 8 training sessions is a bit feeble... they could have at least re-used some of the FSX training :whis:

Not quite into Unicorns, i have to say, but a 'Put your face on the pilot' ... not quite like putting the tail on the donkey, but i'd love to be able to slap my face on the virtual pilot just for fun :D

Edited by hlminx
On 13/07/2019 at 19:13, Lincolnimp241 said:

A decent Flight simulator I liked FSX and bought P3d but not happy with P3D

I think, om the face of it, FS2020 is going to give that same warm fuzzy feeling that we all had when FSX first graced our screens.. Unfortunately, having recently moved to P3D, and not really having my skirt blown up, i think my P3D days are numbered (probably on the toes of one foot!). My Aerosoft A318-20 is probably the only thing i am likely to use on that platform going forward.  I'm just glad that i 1) didn't have to re-buy Orbx for P3D, and 2) that i didn't stick my hand in my pocket for A2A's 172!!

Edited by hlminx

P3Dv5 is a dog. I very much regret buying it, and quickly went back to v4.5. Worst thing is, nobody wants to own (or in some cases even acknowledge) the problems. I MAY look at it again next time there's an update, but don't hold your breath.

Meanwhile, I've thrown down on the preorder for 2020. Will it replace P3Dv4 as my sim of choice? We shall soon find out....

BTW, beware of the latest release of FlightGear, modelling its packaging to look very close to Microsoft's.

• Like 1

The files are not accessible like any normal window files.  Most are hidden or kept on the MSFS mainframe back in the USA.  You can not access aircraft files to paint  them.

I am trying to find out if the 6 disk set from Aerosoft places all the files as normal onto your computer and not treat it as a APP like the download.

Edited by jaydor

Hi James. The resulting installation is the same from the DVDs. You should be able to see a familiar folder setup as per FSX, they are in a hidden folder under users/yourname/appdata/local/Microsoft/packages.. if you navigate this far you should find the sim. I cannot look it up at the mo as I am away in a very nice hotel in Sussex!