FS9... a definitive wish-list of Luftwaffe aircraft 1938-45

...can anybody help?

I've got a (long) list of the aircraft I'm after for FS9, some i have, others i cant even begin to think of where to look, so what am i waiting for...

• [*:2v0vqi53]ME109 - got the Flight Replicas payware version
    [*:2v0vqi53]BF110 - found the Ground Crew Designs version (thanks Mut!!)
    [*:2v0vqi53]Junkers JU88
    [*:2v0vqi53]HE111 - again, got a version from Ground Crew Designs
    [*:2v0vqi53]FW190 (had this at one point, now its got lost :smile: )
    [*:2v0vqi53]Do335 (again, seen this somewhere, but can't find it again!)
    [*:2v0vqi53]JU52 - got the
JU-52 Factory version
[*:2v0vqi53]Blohm Und Voss 141 (no ideas if this even exists for FS, couldn't get any real results on Google)
[*:2v0vqi53]Henschel Hs123 (same with this, does it exist in FS)
[*:2v0vqi53]Arado AR196
[*:2v0vqi53]ME262 (seen a few very nice payware models - any opinions on which is best)
[*:2v0vqi53]Horten Ho229 (obviously in CFS3, but is it in FS2004??....can it be ported??)
[*:2v0vqi53]Arado 234B Blitz (got this in WoP Heavy Bombers...)
[*:2v0vqi53]He-162 Salamander (got this in WoP Heavy Bombers...)
[*:2v0vqi53]Focke-Wulf Ta-183 Huckebein (got this in WoP Heavy Bombers...)
[*:2v0vqi53]Feisler Fi156 'Storch'
[*:2v0vqi53]Junkers JU87 (all these German WW2 and no Stuka? what am i thinking!!!!)

Something tells me there's more...let me know if you think i'm missing them and where i can find them if you can think of more!!

Thanks,

Simi

You need a FW 200 Condor, and what was that 4-engine thing that looked like it only had two and kept catching fire? Greif? He-177 maybe - not sure. Also ME-163 Comet, if you like short flights. Do-17 medium bomber ought to be on the list... HS-129 with a 75 mm cannon down the middle. ...odd little asymetric observation plane, can't remember the details. Will look some of this up and get back to you here.

John

You need a FW 200 Condor, He-177, ME-163 Comet, and a Do-17 medium bomber ought to be on the list... then theres the HS-129 with a 75 mm cannon down the middle..

John, some wonderful ideas there, any ideas where i could get them from? Can't believe i overlooked the Condor and Comet! also, just googled the HE177 and it is indeed called the Grief, translated this means Griffon in English.

as for this:

. ...odd little asymetric observation plane, can't remember the details.

i thought that was the Blohm Und Voss BV141....here's a piccie of it,

bv141b_2.jpg

...that one mate?

If anyone else has ideas, or know's where i can get any of the above, please please please let me know!!.... following from my Luftwaffe Hangar will be the British RAF of WW2 and then working through the French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Russian and (eventually) Japanese WW2 airforces, a whole hangar full of WW2 aircraft from all theatres...what a collection it'll be! ;)

I had loads of Luftwaffe '46 models, just finding them. Also had a Komet.

Here's the Luftwaffe 46 aircraft :

TA-183 and Blohm & Voss BV P.170: http://www.simviation.com/fs2004vintage24.htm

Horten HO XVIII A, Focke-Wulf Jager Projekt VII "Flitzer", Arado Ar Project I : http://www.simviation.com/fs2004vintage38.htm

Heinkel He280V3. German turbojet fighter and Arado Ar E.555/1: http://www.simviation.com/fs2004vintage21.htm

ME-163 and Messerschmitt "Libelle": http://www.simviation.com/simviation/?I ... 1&mark=686

That enough for the moment?

hi Kieran,

some great ideas there, and they most certainly will be considered for entry into the 'definitive Luftwaffe 1938-1945 hangar'. If you can think of anymore 'must have' Luftwaffe aircraft from the period 1938-45 primarily (altho '46 onwards is good too!) then please do tell...

I'm already on my way to get the Horten Ho229, ME163 'Komet' and FW190A3, so thanks for the links!!

Cheers,

Simon!

Simi,

That B&V 141 is exactly the one I had in mind, but didn't have a clue of the designator.

I suppose there's the Gigant (ME 232?) that ungodly behemoth of a powered glider they tried. I can't imagine you'd ever find that for FS, but stanger things have happened.

It's pre-war, but the Do-X was kind of unique - a cross between a houseboat... and, well, I guess, another houseboat.

I have a very complete hardcover book of Luftwaffe AC somewhere in a box, but will have to do some digging to find it. I don't think you've missed much of anything important except possibly some of the Arado float planes that were used for catapault launches off capital warships.

One of the wildest I can think of (don't recall the designator) was the mating of a pair of He-111s with a fifth engine where the wing joined. It was intended for a glider tug.

I've always admired the Third Reich's AC designs (though not much else about it...). The bureaucaracy behind it was appalling and some designs were not particularly practical and some were over-designed or not well suited for mass-production. Most, however, looked good and most flew well and some were truly revolutionary and were years ahead of their time (e.g. Me-262, Ar-234). Others were just a great implementation of the current state of the technology - not a great leap of technology, just a very good design employing the best of what was available at the moment (e.g. Fiesler Storch, FW-190).

John

That B&V 141 is exactly the one I had in mind, but didn't have a clue of the designator.

I thought it would be, its the only asymetrical a/c i could think of from the Axis arsenal!

I suppose there's the Gigant (ME 232?) that ungodly behemoth of a powered glider they tried. I can't imagine you'd ever find that for FS, but stanger things have happened.

It's pre-war, but the Do-X was kind of unique - a cross between a houseboat... and, well, I guess, another houseboat.

i doubt they'd be around, but as you say, very much worth looking in to!

One of the wildest I can think of (don't recall the designator) was the mating of a pair of He-111s with a fifth engine where the wing joined. It was intended for a glider tug.

ahhhh, now you see i know this one... You're talking about the HE-111Z (Zwilling) And it seem that the plastic model company Itlalieri have made a version...

01.jpg

I'm sure i've seen this one for FS too, may well have been in my hangar before i lost my PC.

Thanks again for the inspiration John, i'm looking for a few more now!