Considering P-3D..advice being sought

For those who have seen my other posts with regard to FSX issues /Windows 10, I am pondering about P3Dv3.  I have always used FSX and know VERY little about P3D, so I am looking for peoples opinions who have used both (FSX and P3D) for pointers and things to look for.  My rig has an NVidia 2GB card, 2.6Ghz Quad Core Processor, 8GB RAM (I think!) and a mechanical disc drive.

I am also a bit confused as to permissible uses  for P3D (it says not for Personal Consumer Entertainment...)?  Is it a case of this is not a 'game' for 'serious'  learning...…?  To me, it seems a strange thing to put on the site....:unsure:

Martin

Edited by Tristarcaptain
12 hours ago, jury1942 said:

FSX: 2000 - 2017, now retired. Now: P3D v4, XPlane, Falcon BMS 4.34.  Intel i5-2500K 3.3 - 3.7 GHz, 16 Gb DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX950

..but that is all very well wanting the latest stuff, BUT.....I had to retire from work early due to ill health (14 years ago), ergo VERY little spare money and I have about $1,000 to fork on medical bills over the next few weeks.  No social health care scheme here, so some of us just have to make do as best we can in an economical way, even if does mean holding onto stuff 'past it's sell by date'....:(

Martin

• 1 month later...