Help Me Please..

Have you changed to Full Screen view, accidentally or deliberately?  If so there will be no Windows title bar at the top and your FS screen will cover the entire display.  If you're in that mode Alt-Enter will take you back to the windowed mode.  Alt alone should show the menu.

What flight sim are you using?

What version of Windows?

You're posting every time you put a message here, just not with an image.

Posting an Image

Let's try the easy way first and see if it works...

1. Take a screen shot by pressing the PrtScrn key on your keyboard.  The screen image is now on your Clipboard.

2. Come here to the reply box for this thread and press Ctrl-V (paste).  It should drop an image into the box.  

3. Submit the reply.

If that doesn't work it gets a little more complex.  Post if you have a problem using this method and we'll take the next step.

Posting a URL

1. Triple-click the address bar in your browser when you're at the location you want to capture a URL for. The entire URL should be highlighted.

2. Without moving off the address bar, right-click and select Copy.  The URL is now on your Clipboard.

3. Come here to the reply box for this thread and press Ctrl-V (paste).  It should drop the URL into the box.

4. Submit the reply.

John

EDIT:  I see nothing above about posting a URL.  What's that all about?

JDA

This is the image Maraponga sent me (by Skype, not Private Message).  

I'm out of ideas but I note a couple of things.   Anyone else care to step in and have a shot at this?

His Shft-Z info seems to be in Italics.  The title bar text is not italicized.  Mine isn't, in either place.

The fonts in the title bar and the Shft-Z info appears to be bolded.  Mine isn't.  

He's on Win7 so maybe that's apples and oranges but don't ever recall seeing either italics or bold fonts in those places.  

John

Lost Text.jpg

Never encountered anything like it myself, ever.  Would be looking to run the repair tool from the disc, if it was me.  If that failed to rectify then I guess I would have to bite the bullet and do a full uninstall and reinstall.

Just out of interest, do any other games/programs display similar behaviours ?  If so, it would point to an OS problem.

You could try this.. (Best create a restore point first) :)  

Open the Windows Control Panel
Click on Fonts
In the left pane, click Font settings.
Click Restore default Font settings.

Strange, I run FSX on W7 and rarely have any problems, certainly never seen that one. My biggest problem is that my system is a tad too big for the processor to handle at times and it crashes from time to time. However that generally only happens with fast moving jets as the scenery refresh can't keep up at times ! LOL