Coronavirus - Self Isolating Page

Day 9 of the quarantine:  My wife called out from the other room and asked if I ever get a stabbing pain in my chest like someone has a voodoo doll of me and is stabbing it.  

I replied, "No."

She responded, "How about now?"

• Haha 3
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chinese citizen asked for his opinion on how his government had performed handling the virus... "I can't say." - - - Coronavirus arrives in the US. Mexico: So, about that wall....

Posted Images

21 hours ago, dogtrack said:

There is another line of thought....   That nature has had enough of the polution and destruction to the Planet, caused by the human race.  Time to attempt a remedy ??  :yikes:

Sorry, I'm self-isolating and can't go on your guilt trip.  After I'm out of isolation, I'm pretty sure I can find another reason not to.

Maybe nature is telling us not to eat bats and snakes and pangolins and to not lie to other nations about infectious diseases.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, allardjd said:

Maybe nature is telling us not to eat bats and snakes and pangolins and to not lie to other nations about infectious diseases. 

You could well be right, John  :D.

Been on lockdown myself for 17 days.  Beginning to go a bit stir crazy but at least the weather should allow for sitting in the garden today (Sun).

• Thanks 1

Not sure about that one but enjoying my free 7 days of Disney+.  All the old classic Mickey Mouse cartoons and films, Fantasia etc.  Then just £5.99 per month and unlimited devices.  Some really good, more rescent films there too.  Stuff that isn't available on Netflix and such like.  Even she who must be obeyed is impressed !!

For sure some of the capitalist fat cats are being put in their place.

Disney+ is looking very good. The technical quality is excellent (4K, HDR, Dolby Atmos...), absolutely knocking Prime and Netflix down into the second division. How it'll be in a year's time is another matter of course - they'll need to maintain a supply of new content, something Netflix and prime have both proved they can do.  I did try Apple TV+ for a while when it first came out. As with Disney, the technical quality is excellent, but they really don't have either the breadth or depth of content.

Day 7 of self-isolation:  Struck up a conversation with a spider today.  Seems nice.  He's a web designer.

They said a mask and gloves were enough to go to the grocery store.  They lied - everyone else had clothes on.

My body has absorbed so much disinfectant lately I can clean the toilet by peeing.

The media is reporting the ratio of males to females who are getting the Chinese plague.  Apparently the other 57 genders are immune.

Need another reason to avoid shaking hands?  Remember that many people are out of toilet paper.

Seen on-line...

“To those turning in your neighbors and local businesses — you did the Reich thing.”

• Haha 2

Lonely?  Glue a coffee cup to your car roof.  Every one will wave at you.

- - -

The doc says I should spend an hour a day on the treadmill.  Have you ever tried to sleep on one of them?  It's really uncomfortable but a yoga pad on the belt and a pillow and blanket help a little.

- - -

• Haha 1

Coffee filters can be used to make face masks - a coughy filter, I guess.

Homeschool Day 5: I wonder how I can get this kid transferred out of my class?

Homeschool Day 6:  Two students suspended for fighting; one teacher fired for drinking on the job.

Dark humor is like the Chinese Lung Rot - not everyone gets it.

• Haha 1

Idea for the authorities:  Let Chik-fil-A administer testing at their drive-through windows.  The entire country would be tested by midnight, unless done on a Sunday.

- - -

A Panda feeds for approximately 12 hours per day.  It's the same for a quarantined adult human, which is why it's called a pandemic.

- - -

Governor Whitmer of Michigan has relented a little and will now permit Michigan residents to leave their homes to get their fish shanties off the lakes anytime after May 1.

• Haha 1