...for those with wide view monitors...there is the turn on WideVIewAspect as in P3D.

Well, quess what..it is in the Flightsimulator.cfg file on line 30...with it turned off..but IT IS THERE...

I just set mine to WideViewAspect=1 and saved with Note Plus + or you can use Notepad.

That will correct your fish eye when you go to External Camera, as well as when you pan inside the cockpit..on a wide view monitor such as a 3440x1440.  Fish Eye gone...

Thanks to Sesquashtoo on Avsim

Update: You will have to reset your WideViewAspect after your latest updates, as it reset's to 0.

Edited by jaydor
  • Thanks 1

To get to your .cfg 

WpSystem/S-1-5-21-****-1001/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe/LocalCache/FlightSimulator

or the easy way;  go to your MSFS2020 drive and type in the search bar MicrosoftFlightsimulator.cfg

Edited by jaydor
2 hours ago, jaydor said:

...for those with wide view monitors...there is the turn on WideVIewAspect as in P3D.

Well, quess what..it is in the Flightsimulator.cfg file on line 30...with it turned off..but IT IS THERE...

I just set mine to WideViewAspect=1 and saved with Note Plus + or you can use Notepad.

That will correct your fish eye when you go to External Camera, as well as when you pan inside the cockpit..on a wide view monitor such as a 3440x1440.  Fish Eye gone...

Thanks to Sesquashtoo on Avsim

Damn, just when I thought that curved earth perspective at 21,000 feet was a natural feature as opposed to an undocumented feature. :D

Excellent information, James. Thanks

• Haha 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmmm interesting...

I might have a play and see how it works with the 3 x 32".. 

Currently i've got them stretched just over half way across the two side monitors using the NVidia Surround and the fish eye is negligable but might be nice to use the whole of the two sides.

Thanks for the tip :)

• Like 1