Dog Obedience School Valedictorian

Very good John, I think it would be just too weird if this was to start happening.

Still, there's no pleasing some people, a dogs has got to go somewhere and finding a pile of cat poo in your flower bed whilst planting your begonias is not a pleasant discovery :bowdown:

Cheers

a dogs has got to go somewhere and finding a pile of cat poo in your flower bed whilst planting your begonias is not a pleasant discovery

Totally agree with you Mut. I prefer dogs but we have a cat at the moment, and we keep her as an indoor cat, mainly because we live next to a main road, but also because Ii do not want her 'going' in other people's gardens. I hate it when other cats do it in my garden so I think it would be a bit hypocritical to let mine do it in theirs.

Dear Dog and/or Cat,

When I say to move, it means go someplace else, not switch positions with each other so there are still two of you in the way.

The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food.. (Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate & food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food & dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.)

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king size bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue to sleep on the couch to ensure your comfort. Look at videos of dogs and cats sleeping. They can actually curl up in a ball. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. (I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space used is nothing but sarcasm.)

My compact discs are not miniature Frisbees.

For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob, or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered. (In addition, I have been using the bathroom for years. (Canine or feline attendance is not mandatory.)

The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dogs' or cats' butts. I cannot stress this enough. It would be such a simple change for you.

To pacify you I have posted the following message on our front door: Rules for non-pet owners who visit and like to complain about our pets:

1. They live here. You don't.

2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.

3. I like my pet better than I like most people.

4. To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours, and is speech challenged. Dogs and cats are better than kids. They eat less, don't ask for money all the time, are easier to train, usually come when called, never drive your car, don't hang out with drug using friends, don't drink or smoke, don't worry about buying the latest fashions, don't wear your clothes, don't need a gazillion dollars for college, and if they get pregnant, you can sell the results.

Signed

Your Owner

finding a pile of cat poo in your flower bed whilst planting your begonias is not a pleasant discovery

I have to say, in 51 years, I have not once found a pile of cat poo in my begonias, or anywhere else in any of the gardens I've owned.

However, I have frequently trodden in a huge pile of dog business on grass verges, pavements etc. And not forgetting the mysterious clump that appears on ones shoe from who knows where.

I can also categorically assure you that Mr Scratchy never leaves a poo within human reach; you would need a drilling rig to find it.

Any more anti cat behaviour on the forum and me and my friend will be after you lot.

:bowdown:

Keith%20DinesRoaring%20Lion.jpg

Martin,

Can Ligars reproduce, or are they the mules of the cat world?

Do they exist outside Photoshop?

Since no one asked, here it is anyway...

The smiling young lady from Niger

Rode on the back of a Tiger.

After the ride, she was inside

and her smile's on the face of the Tiger.

What John Wayne movie is it from?

John

Liger's are most certainly inhabitants of the real world John, I saw one in a documentary it was huge. :thum:

Can they reproduce?

Hang on I'll just ask Scratchy...

Sctachy said...

Hi John, Martin told me you were intersted in Ligers, the liger is a hybrid cross between a male lion and a tigress (not to be confused with a tigon). It is the largest of all cats and extant felines.'

Scratchy also said...

In 1935, four ligers from two litters were reared in the Zoological Gardens of Bloemfontein, South Africa. Three of them, a male and two females, were still living in 1953. The male weighed 750 lb. and stood a foot and a half taller than a full grown male lion at the shoulder.

The fertility of hybrid big cat females is well-documented across a number of different hybrids. This is in accordance with Haldane's rule: in hybrids of animals whose sex is determined by sex chromosomes, if one sex is absent, rare or sterile, it is the heterogametic sex (the one with two different sex chromosomes e.g. X and Y).

According to Wild Cats of the World (1975) by C. A. W. Guggisberg, ligers and tigons were long thought to be sterile: In 1943, however, a fifteen-year-old hybrid between a lion and an 'Island' tiger was successfully mated with a lion at the Munich Hellabrunn Zoo. The female cub, although of delicate health, was raised to adulthood.

Scratchy knows his stuff doesn't he? :welcomeani: