I use the free Nvidia filters for MSFS, I am not too keen with the default blue haze, so these are the settings I use as a good start point, you can tweak from there?

Default, before filters

no-filter.png

With Nvidia filters

filter.png

Details

• Sharpen 6
  • Clarity 32
  • HDR Toning 12
  • Bloom 6

Color

• Tint Color 30
  • Tint Intensity 10
  • Temperature 6
  • Vibrance 20

Brightness / Contrast

• Exposure -6
  • Contrast 30
  • Highlight 20
  • Shadows -50
  • Gamma -10

Sharpen

• Sharpen 15
  • Ignore film Grain 100

:hat:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Phil, the game filters come with Geforce Experience so if you have an Nvidia graphics card you probably already have it installed. To bring up the interface press ALT+F3 when in the sim.

11 hours ago, mutley said:

Hi Phil, the game filters come with Geforce Experience so if you have an Nvidia graphics card you probably already have it installed. To bring up the interface press ALT+F3 when in the sim.

ALT+F3 not bringing up anything for me. I am on full screen do i need to be in windowed mode?

2 hours ago, mutley said:

It shouldn't matter if you are full screen or windowed, you just need the Geforce Experience installed.  ALT+Z brings up the main Interface. 

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/geforce-experience/

Got it working, i had to restart the PC then it just worked. Looks pretty good.

• Like 1

@mutley Its stopped working for me. I start the PC then start Geforce Experience. I then start MFS and start a flight. After that i press ALT+F3 and nothing happens. I have alternatively tried starting MFS from within Geforce Experience and that makes no difference.

I'm not experiencing your problems Phil. I flew today and as soon as I press Alt -F3 the filters panel shows up. Are you able to take a screenshot with Alt-F1? This is another shortcut within GeForce Experience. 

1 hour ago, needles said:

I'm not experiencing your problems Phil. I flew today and as soon as I press Alt -F3 the filters panel shows up. Are you able to take a screenshot with Alt-F1? This is another shortcut within GeForce Experience. 

Nothing would work at all. I did a driver reinstall and that sorted it, Perhaps it was somehow corrupt as Joe suggested.

I guess i spoke too soon, Its stopped working again. It seems to happen every time i start the PC. I install the drivers and it works fine till i start the PC. Not really sure what is happening, i am using the current Geforce Drivers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Phil,

When you installed the Nvidia drivers, did you do a clean install?

Have you run chkdsk /f?

If you're using a hard disk drive rather than a SSD, have you defragmented the hard drive?

Have you run sfc /scannow from an administrative Command Prompt?

Dan

Edited by Soaranden
On 29/01/2021 at 01:11, Soaranden said:

Hi, Phil,

When you installed the Nvidia drivers, did you do a clean install?

Have you run chkdsk /f?

If you're using a hard disk drive rather than a SSD, have you defragmented the hard drive?

Have you run sfc /scannow from an administrative Command Prompt?

Dan

Sorry for the late reply. I got it figured out. This PC is used by me and the wife on separate accounts. If she is logged on and i switch to my account without logging her out first the issue occurs. So by logging her out before logging me in is the way to go.

• 6 months later...