DC3 AIRWAYS RECREATES WW II OPERATION VARSITY TO MARK 76TH ANNIVERSARY

DC3 AIRWAYS PLANS HISTORIC WORLD WAR TWO REENACTMENT OF OPERATION VARSITY

CREATED AND DIRECTED BY

GLEN BROOME, VP OPERATIONS

www.dc3airways.net

DC3 Airways will be re-enacting the airborne component of the Rhine river assault of March 1945, the last natural barrier between the western allies and Germany.

The event will be staged over two sessions, Saturday 20th and Tuesday 23rd March, both at 19:00z.

All flight simulation pilots are invited to participate. There are packages with full effect files, flight plans, instructions and more for the 4 major platforms. XPlane, FSX/P3Dv3, P3dv4.5 and P3Dv5.1. Unfortunately MSFS 2020 is not included because there are no C47 aircraft available for that sim.

Please note that membership in DCA is NOT REQUIRED.

Ocxo8H9.jpg

The documentation includes a brief history of Operation Varsity plus links to You Tube videos and historic websites. These will give all fliers a better understanding of what Varsity was about and what transpired on 24th March 1945.

DC3 AIRWAYS regularly flies four Multi Player events each week. We have experienced personnel to help get acquainted with procedures including details assistance on installing the various effect files to achieve an accurate simulated flight environment.

Details of the servers we will be using to fly on and for communications are included within the documentation.

Come and join us with the Multiplayer group - come and FLY HISTORY!

Glen Broome
DCA996
VP Flight Operations

Sherman Kaplan

Director Public Relations

www.dc3airways.net

• Like 1

Thanks Joe, we have gotten some outside interest from simmers and this looks as if it will be a successful event. As always, we at DCA appreciate your support...and, while I have your attention, I will send a personal invitation for you to take part...

Best wishes and hope you are staying safe.

Sherm

• Thanks 1

Thanks Sherm, unfortunately I only fly in MSFS at the moment but will follow the progress, I just love historic flights and a Dizzie cannot come into MSFS soon enough.

• Like 1