I see that we have just under 4,500 members, but the contributions to the forum seem to be from a small core body of regulars. I wonder why that is, and that the wider membership dont contribute. 

• Like 1

Hi Neil, thanks for raising this point, it is very frustrating to me too.

There are many reasons why there is no much action on here, here are some of them.

• Young members have grown up and moved on, we have at least one commercial pilot, several GA pilots, an ATC and a surgeon in our alumni .
  • Interest has moved to social media where the airwaves are ruled by Vloggers who moneterise their sites get give-aways from manufacturers etc. and have a huge quantity of followers.
  • People have so little time to get (or want to be involved in a community forum).
  • Lack of engagement in posts by members.
  • Waning interest in our on-line events such as the MEBAR & ATWC.
  • And probably most of all is my lack of engagement with the whole forum. My circumstances have changed considerably since 2005 when these forums started, I have a far higher pressured job, failing health and suffer from CFS.

I would like to say for the time being the forum is safe in my hands for at least the next two years, by then I should be retired and maybe we can rekindle the flame?

To all those who do contribute regularly a big thanks from me and the Crew, and to the others who pop your noses in (we can see you!) please join in and say hi.

If you have an opinion or any suggestions please join in this post :thanks:

Cheers,

Joe

I agree with you Phil and Joe.

Mutley's Hangar is a friendly site and there is a lot of caring folk on here.

But as Joe says, a lot have just grown and moved on to other interests.

Hang in there, i'm sure there's more to come.

• Thanks 1

Hi Joe, Thanks for your reply, and sorry to hear of your health problems, I can imagine it must be somewhat of a strain. I was disappointed that MEBAR was absent last year, but that's life I guess.

I have never paid much attention to social media, and am not on Farce Book or Twatter for that matter, and never will be.

Cheers

• Like 1
11 hours ago, CAT3508 said:

Hi Joe, Thanks for your reply, and sorry to hear of your health problems, I can imagine it must be somewhat of a strain. I was disappointed that MEBAR was absent last year, but that's life I guess.

I have never paid much attention to social media, and am not on Farce Book or Twatter for that matter, and never will be.

Cheers

Thanks Neil, you never know the MEBAR could be back one day :) 

Some of you will know that I have my own forum, for the support of Plan-G. As with this one, the "community spirit" for want of a better phrase that was present in past years has almost totally vanished. I think it's a sign of the times: forums are out of favour, "social media" instagratification is now in. I do "do" Facebook, although not a lot, and people ignore the "no support here" banner on the Plan-G Facebook page with abandon. I don't do the others, although I have been playing around with the YouChoob a bit...(If you like old computers that can barely render a screenshot yet alone run a sim at 10fps, I have just the channel for you, lol) 

Facebook is the only Social Media I indulge in; and that is solely to follow companies that are of interest to me. I am not a people follower.

I do subscribe to YT. Once you lose the Adverts and use the TV instead of the PC, a whole new world opens up.  Documentaries are my thing, History mostly.

Another supurb Documentary streamer is :-  http://curiositystream.com/

Well worth a look at.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1