North Queensland Peninsular Flight

2020 has put a new sim life back into me and I have not enjoyed such, since my departure from FSX.

I seem to have found a little niche for myself in flying around the West and North, of Queensland Australia.  I am based in Wales UK, but Oz seems to be my calling at the moment.  (The joy of having the World at your finger tips).  My modus operandi is the SWS Kodiak 100, just loving it.  It must be my age, but I like to keep my routes to about one or one and a half hour in length, shorter if possible.

So here are a few  screenies (Ozy slang) of yesterdays flight.

The flight is from Aurukun to Coen in the Northern Peninsular region of QLD.  This area is predominantly Aboriginal tribal lands, so the Kodiak is the ideal aircraft for the Government sponsored flights in the area.

The flight plan:

WK7HRrU.png

Climb out from Aurukun:

7f0Ijbg.jpg

The 2020 Garmin G1000 NXi is showing the full range of info for the pilot.

O4IS0zU.jpg

On the approach to Coen:

2vj78QM.jpg

Parked up at Coen:

j4MMe16.jpg

I have made 3 repaints in the McKinnon air services scheme, so "Celtic Spirit" VH-LVL was the choice for this flight.  The other 2 are "Celtic Lady" and "Celtic Princess"  photos of each in the next flight updates.

:hat::pilotic:

"G'day from an Ozzyed Taff.

Edited by jaydor
  • Like 1

Hey Taff! Totally with you with length of flights etc. I have met my ideal a/c with the Aerosoft Twin Otter, a nice mix of steam gauges and mid range GPS, the scenery does it for me New Zealand is my playground when I am on my own.

Life is good!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mutley said:

Hey Taff! Totally with you with length of flights etc. I have met my ideal a/c with the Aerosoft Twin Otter, a nice mix of steam gauges and mid range GPS, the scenery does it for me New Zealand is my playground when I am on my own.

Life is good!

There's something about the ANZAK lands that make for some compulsive flying.  In my next lifetime I wanabe a helicopter pilot in New Zealand..  I looked at you review on the Twin Otter, but I am sticking with the Kodiak as I like learning and using the G1000NXi.  Also the Kodiak has a better cabin heater for those cold mornings.. :dance3:

• 2 weeks later...