Tobii eye tracker is amazing

I have recently set up with a Tobii eye tracker and  I can honestly say that it is the best add on that that I have ever purchased.

Over the years I have tried all the usual things like Track IR and VR headsets etc.

However, nothing has ever even got close to giving me the true feeling of immersion like this piece of kit does,

there is nothing to wear or attach, it is so easy to set up and it is just so very, very life like and not at all temperamental.

OK, it's not cheap, about £200, but for the amount of satisfaction I'm getting via my single 50" 4k screen, it's simply amazing and worth every single penny.

Phil

• Thanks 1

Hi Phil, I’ve not heard of the Tobii eye tracker before so thanks for highlighting it. 
As you say, it’s not cheap, but by todays standards it’s pretty affordable considering the price of VR sets etc and you get that extra immersion factor.

Cheers.

Hi Phil, glad you like the eye tracker, I had one about five years ago and just couldn't get on with it, it seemed unnatural to use your eyes to scroll the screen and made my eyes ache. I sold it at one of the Cosford shows. I thought I had done a review on it but cannot find it in the archives. Feel free to write a review and we can publish it!

Not wanting to end on a downer I am sure the newer versions work better than my early release version. If only we could try these things out before purchasing.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, mutley said:

Hi Phil, glad you like the eye tracker, I had one about five years ago and just couldn't get on with it, it seemed unnatural to use your eyes to scroll the screen and made my eyes ache. I sold it at one of the Cosford shows. I thought I had done a review on it but cannot find it in the archives. Feel free to write a review and we can publish it!

Not wanting to end on a downer I am sure the newer versions work better than my early release version. If only we could try these things out before purchasing.

Hiya Jo, things may well have changed over 5 years, Tobii is not only an eye tracker it's an eye and\or head tracker, so you can move your eyes and turn your head as we do in real life.

The thing with Tobii that I like is that it is so easy and natural, you load your sim, make a brew, come back sit down and off you go.

It isn't fussy as to where you sit, whether there's any light behind you, no clips to attach, hats to wear or user position to set up.

You just sit down and you're in the cockpit, closer to the screen brings you closer to the panel, sit back and you're further away, look left right up or down, no fuss whatsoever.

Phil

12 hours ago, needles said:

Hi Phil, I’ve not heard of the Tobii eye tracker before so thanks for highlighting it. 
As you say, it’s not cheap, but by todays standards it’s pretty affordable considering the price of VR sets etc and you get that extra immersion factor.

Cheers.

Hi Brian, here's a link to the one that I use that I'm so pleased with - Phil

https://gaming.tobii.com/product/eye-tracker-5/

• Thanks 1

Have to say it sounds like it as come on leaps and bounds. I was only talking to a friend yesterday about VR. I think I will sit on my hands for a while.

It's great to hear a positive outcome for you.

Cheers.