The H-4 Hercules "Spruce Goose" Story- Remastered- Part 1- Howard Hughes Chronology - MSFS 40th Year

I had read many books on Howard Hughes as a teen, I was eighteen when he died and his Congressional hearing was a high point, he certainly held no punches. It was his being a recluse that came to my attention at that point in time.

Thanks for putting in in video and nicely done at that. Looking forward to part two.

I often wondered about whether or not his flying boat would have been viable in service when fully loaded. It looked like something the Russians would build.

23 minutes ago, brett said:

I had read many books on Howard Hughes as a teen, I was eighteen when he died and his Congressional hearing was a high point, he certainly held no punches. It was his being a recluse that came to my attention at that point in time.

Thanks for putting in in video and nicely done at that. Looking forward to part two.

I often wondered about whether or not his flying boat would have been viable in service when fully loaded. It looked like something the Russians would build.

Thanks Brett! I have read and watched many documentaries on Hughes. So much info! He seemed to go really downhill after the XF-11 crash. That is when the morphine and codeine became a part of his life and really did change him. Living in constant pain takes a toll on your behaviour and health. Nonetheless, his contributions to aviation will always stand out. Yes, it is unfortunate that the aircraft was prohibited from using more metal in the construction. Difficult to say how well it would have held up. Cheers!

• Like 1